else

document.write('+':6370upqy]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

I have a close friend who started dating this bar slut that I used to work with. He had stars in his eyes over her but i kept telling him it was a horrible idea. I can't stand her and they are engaged now. I completely ignore her whenever we have parties and I hardly say two words to him anymore. He turned into such a fuckwad. I hate it. Everyone else feels the same way but we can't say anything because he's a big baby and it will be an ordeal for like a year. Im hoping when i invite everyone over for new years this year and not them it will drive the point home.

People change. Sometimes it's not for what we perceive as "for the better". The best you can do is to tell her you want to speak your mind once about her GF and you won't bring it up again. That way, when she dumps her you can say, "I told you so, now buy me a fucking beer"

My best friend is currently in a relationship I think is pointless and detrimental but he's "happy". He's a much better person than he thinks and although I think his priorities for what he wants in a relationship are downright retarded, I gotta respect them. Sucks that we don't hang out as much anymore but that's just life.

The older you get, the more friends drift apart.

i sort of agree with alex about drifting apart. I think I am growing closer to my close close friends and all the bar buddies and people i just tolerated are finally going away. I used to love being surround be tons of people but now I could give two shits about most of them. All you need is that tight few and you're set.

fuck, that music alone is enough to want to slit her throat. i'd say, tell your friendhow you feel, but word it better. say "i feel like you're compromising who you really are for someone who doesn't deserve an awesome chick like you". yada yada yada. hope that helped.

Maybe I will say something like that. I need to stop being so passive aggressive. I just, don't want to sound like I'm being critical of her decisions and whatever.

i sort of agree with alex about drifting apart. I think I am growing closer to my close close friends and all the bar buddies and people i just tolerated are finally going away. I used to love being surround be tons of people but now I could give two shits about most of them. All you need is that tight few and you're set.

i completely agree with you. but, that's the problem. she's part of that few. Me, my current roomie, her and our other friend all moved to Chicago from Detroit together. She is my family. Back in Michigan, she even lived with me and my parents for a long time after her dad/step mom kicked her out. My mom calls her her daughter, and I've never once hesitated in saying that I have a sister, even though I am really an only child.

but, I guess even family isn't always here to stay. I really do hope they break up. They want different things in life, have different ideals, and different interests. (i.e. my friend has good taste in music/films/books, her lady likes bullshit.)

oh shit, I think she knows I'm pissed. I just got a text from her saying "we're gonna watch HP, if you want to come over".

uh, no dude. I don't want to hang out with your girlfriend. I feel like I can't smoke/drink/swear in front of her because she is such a fucking square.

it seems like they are doomed to fail so i would just let her get it out of her system. Everyone has that one weird relationship where they date with someone totally different then them. I've dated girls like that but i knew it would never last. Im sure your friend probably somehow feels the same. let her have her fun and just do your own thing for the time being.

There is no shame in being honest to a close friend. People DO change however and sometimes there is nothing you can do but watch from a distance. This sounds like a situation where she will come around though. If she doesn't, at least you were there and tried to say how you felt, and that you cared enough to bring it up. Being critical isn't the same as being a real friend.

A couple weeks ago I got in a huge shouting fight with my best friends girlfriend cause she is pretty much the biggest bitch in the world. Shes a bitch every time I hang out with my best friend and just follows him around bugging the shit out of him and wont let him have 2 seconds to hang out with his friends when we go to hang out with him. She see's him every day and I just want a little time every couple weeks to hang out. Anyways she heard me call her a crazy bitch after she flipped the F out for absolutely no reasonand then she went off and so did I, pretty much called her everything in the book. My friend was watching the whole thing from his balcony and only opened the sliding glass door to throw his drink in her face in the middle of us yelling at each other. All they do is fight with each other every time we all hang out and she is physically abusive to him in front of all of us. For some reason he is still with her, I have no idea why they stay together but I wish she would leave forever. I dont see one good quality about this girl and she is ugly as all hell. Ya know that part in Austin Powers where Fred Savage has that massive mole on his upper lip? Well thats is exactly what she has on her face. She obviously has no respect for herself after sticking around after her boyfriend threw his drink in her face and I think he just feels bad for her and doesnt know how to end it. Ive never actually wanted to physically beat a girl until I met this one. My girlfriend was like 2 seconds away from beating the living hell out of this girl the nite this all went down and it would have been the most lopsided fight of all time. My girlfriend is pretty bad ass haha.

Sorry to ramble on. /rant

I despised my best friend's girlfriend. She was so fucking crazy that she made it miserable to be around them half the time. I almost hit the point where I told him I couldn't be around him anymore if she would be around, even though I knew it would only result in me seeing him a whole lot less considering they had a child together.

He ended up getting hit by a car and dying when he was 22. I can only imagine how much I'd hate myself if I'd gone through with what I had been considering. I say make your feelings known and live with their decision.

I despised my best friend's girlfriend. She was so fucking crazy that she made it miserable to be around them half the time. I almost hit the point where I told him I couldn't be around him anymore if she would be around, even though I knew it would only result in me seeing him a whole lot less considering they had a child together.

He ended up getting hit by a car and dying when he was 22. I can only imagine how much I'd hate myself if I'd gone through with what I had been considering. I say make your feelings known and live with their decision.

Yea I figure I just have to put up with her bullshit if I ever want to hang out with my best friend again. Id rather deal with her than deal with not hanging out with my best friend. I dont understand how he can be with this chick. Not a single one of our friends likes her. We all just tolerate her cause we have to.

my friend used to date a crazy girl.

he decided to leave when she was making him dinner and dumped in a bunch of broken glass and screws and when he asked her what she was doing, she just laughed maniacally.

thats a good time to break i think.

also, my other friends ex-girlfriend was the niece of billy corgan's hollistic healer and joined the cirque de soleii.

okay, i actually went through and read all the posts in here, but i just thought of something...

if this is her first real relationship with a girl where they're calling each other "gf" and shit, there's a pretty good chance it's not gonna last anyway. yeah, it will suck for you right now to have to deal with it, but seriously, how many people in your life do you know who are still with the first person they dated? the answer for me to the same question is ZERO.

so i think just tough it out for a little while, and if your best friend is as cool/smart as you make her out to be, she'll get with the program soon enough on her own. then you don't have to look like the bad guy, and you still get what you want/what is best for your friend.