Brand New - Daisy - Sept 22nd

Guest adam526

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So stoked for this but I hope it doesnt sound anything like TDAGARIM

When I saw them a couple months ago, they played a new song, that sounded like it could have been a B-side from TDAGARIM.

Yea I figure it will sound most like TDAGARIM but Im hoping its a little more upbeat, that album puts me to sleep

I hope it leaks, I get to download it early, and not a dime goes to the band.

Also, salmon flavored cat treats don't taste anything like salmon. cat's are stupid for believing they do...

Why would you want music from a band you don't like?

what? Who said I didn't like them? I wouldn't be looking for it and download it early if I didn't like them.

that's silly.

Brand New clearly has been fucking around for years. If you've seen them live since the release of Devil and God, there's always a little backhanded comment in there somewhere.

I think I'd be similar if I were in their shoes. They don't seem to like much attention, but get it regardless of what they do, so why not have a little fun with it? They're just playing games because everyone hangs on every word. Sure, the dollar thing was bullshit, but I'm sure it was them trying to come up with a way to make sure THEY and not the label got something from the last CD, then it backfired, or they slacked off or whatever.

The story, as I see it, is that AP.net worked it out with their publicist that AP would announce the title and some other info on Sunday as an exclusive. Then 2 nights ago or whenever, Jesse let it slip on stage at a concert, so it was out there. AP made their announcement becuase it was already out, and the whole world knew.

The publicist or someone let the band know they weren't supposed to say anything becuase of the exclusive deal, and the next show, Jesse said something like "oops, apparently I wasn't supposed to say anything."

Now the title is changed for no apparent reason. I bet it goes back to the original fairly soon, potentially Sunday.

I can't recall if it was an interview I read, but it seems that Lacey does not understand why some of the band's fans are so over-the-top and zealots as they tend to be. I can kind see him being like "Why are y'all so fuckin' nuts over our music?"...not that he's saying his music sucks, but downplaying how "impacting" it may be...

Or maybe I'm just talking out of my ass. It happens.