How I got arrested twice in a week (and got lucky)

So about 2 weeks ago I went to a bar with some friends. We picked that bar because they don't card and I'm 20. I had a beer (they serve their beers in mugs that are a bit smaller than a stein, so it was closer to 2 or 3 beers) over the course of about an hour. We left and I was driving my friends home, but because of bad directions I was in the wrong lane and attempted to go from the right lane into the left because that's the way I had to turn. It looked super sketchy, and I'm sure I gave the impression that I was just swerving.

Sirens go on, I get pulled over. I blow a .021, barely a quarter of the legal limit, but Illinois has a zero tolerance law, and combined with the fact that I was driving it was pretty serious. Cop says I won't be charged with a DUI but I will lose my license for at least 3 months. alcohol ed. classes, community service, etc. I'm fucked.

I'm cuffed, carred, and taken to the station. He fills out some paperwork and about 45 minutes after I took the first breathalyzer I had to take it on a bigger one. This is the conversation:

'You have got to be the luckiest person in the world.'

'What? Why?'

'In the time it took for me to get you here and fill out the paperwork, all of the alcohol in your system disappeared. I'm going into my 14th year of doing this and I have never seen it before.'

So, I still got an underage drinking ticket, but I didn't get arrested, didn't lost my license.

THEN a couple nights ago I went to a party at this place that we were told was still owned by the hosts parents. We later found out that it had been foreclosed on 2 days earlier. When the cops came I had just finished my first beer. 20 minutes later I blew a .000 again. We were arrested for 'criminal trespassing,' but were let go once the cops got a hold of the previous owner.

im confused. if he had you blow and you agreed and blew a .21 on the scene.........why would he have to do it again at the jail?

I think what happened is as soon as I blew that was the underage drinking ticket, but when he filled out the paperwork for the driving portion of it I had to do it again. I don't really know.

im confused. if he had you blow and you agreed and blew a .21 on the scene.........why would he have to do it again at the jail?

I think what happened is as soon as I blew that was the underage drinking ticket, but when he filled out the paperwork for the driving portion of it I had to do it again. I don't really know.

either way you are one lucky bastard.

probably 8 years ago my wife(girlfreind at the time) went to a party for the 4th of july. i was pretty much tanked when we left. anyhow we drive maybe 10 minutes...........she is passed out in the passanger seat and the lights go on. i stop the car and im freaking at this point. i had given my wallet to my wife and it was in her lap so i went to go grab it and the cop says put your arms up. i can see him point his gun to me from the rear view mirror. im pretty much shitting my pants at this point. he ends up taking my licsence and running it. comes back and says you are good to go. he said they were looking for a 4-door white chevy cavalier and i fit the description. i still cant believe i didnt get busted for that. fuck that driving drunk shit.

The reason you have to blow twice, and this is from the mouth of a NYS Trooper (I don't know if it's different in other states) is because no matter what you blow, it isn't admissible in court as an accurate BAC indicator. The field breathalyzer just confirms there's alcohol in your system and gives a close-ish indication of what that level is. Based on that and the other field sobriety tests, they decide whether to take you into the station where they either draw blood or do an official breathalyzer to get the official reading.

i think every state has a zero tolerance policy when it comes to underage drinking. if it's anything over 0.00 you're fucked if you're under 21.

i'll be the cynical one and say don't push your luck anymore, the third strike might be the nail in the coffin

The 0-tolerance is generally like .005 or something. There's a tiny buffer zone because you're allowed a sip or two for religious things or there's other variants for stupid little legal things.

THEN a couple nights ago I went to a party at this place that we were told was still owned by the hosts parents. We later found out that it had been foreclosed on 2 days earlier. When the cops came I had just finished my first beer. 20 minutes later I blew a .000 again. We were arrested for 'criminal trespassing,' but were let go once the cops got a hold of the previous owner.

something similar happend to me in high school, only i had quite a few vodka shots, but when the police busted the cabin about a half hour after my last drink, they lined us all up (and i snuck to the end of the line of about 60 kids) and we all had to do a breathalyzer. I blew zeros and they said i was free to go. i said "seriously!?" and the cop looked and me and said "what!?" then i left and drove home all wired while drinking from the powerade bottle full of vodka had stashed under my seat.

great night. i loved high school.

We all get a few lucky times and let go....or not get caught. But luck will always eventually run out, for some it may be sooner than later...but it will.....

Back in the day, when I was way fucked up...I get pulled over one time. I was dope sick and really feeling shitty. Anyways, XXXXX police (burb of Dallas)...and I was tripping out, I knew I had warrants out the ass. Oh I forgot to mention.....I had no windshield, well I had a little portion of it on the drivers side, about a half foot of glass maybe a bit more....the rest I had saran wrap and packing tape kinda poorly put together. So the cop comes up to my car, I give him a fake name, and he noticed I had an inspection sticker that belonged to some other vehical. (he said he pulled me over for no blinker at first) He asked me to turn off the car and hand him the keys....yeah right, I shook my head, put it in gear and took off. So he grabs on to the car like he's going to stop it or sumthin and yells "NNNOOOOOoooooo". So I'm haulin ass not givin a fuck about nuthin, going thru lights...driving like a maniac. Every light I passed I added another cop and had about 6 or so behind me when I get to the highway....traffic was starting to get a bit thick...I was honking my horn squeezing between cars...I did accidentillay knock a mirror or two. And lost a cop for each off those cuz they stopped for them... Driving on the shoulder....get to another highway and speeding down shoulder,...get to another highway...and WHAT the fuck! They were gone! they quit chasing me....So now I am in Dallas, go to a friends, they're not home....still sick, heading back to another highway, when the rollers go on from a dallas cop behind me!! I am sweating like a fuckn maniac, ready to run again (almost did) but pulled over. This guy comes up to the car ranting and raving about me about to get on the highway with no windshield. Telling me "DO you know what a state trooper would do!" Keep in mind this can't be but maybe 30 minutes or so that I was just in a mess being chased. I give him the same name...I swear he seemed to be in his car for ever waiting...He comes back flipping his ticket book...I KNOW I'm in the clear now. HOLY SHIT! He rights me 3 tickets and says DO NOT GET ON THE HIGHWAY...YES SIR, THANK YOU SIR, He aid to call a winshield place and they will come and fix it. YES SIR THANK YOU SIR.......YES I WAS FUCKED UP IN THE DAY....lost 15 years of my life doing stupid shit (dope). That's just one of MANY crazy stories in my life. Got outa many, but got caught in many to. I tried runnin one time in Seattle....got caught, and they FUCKED me up....anyways that was entirely to long. Sorry, just thought I'd share that. I don't get in trouble any more, and have been clean for a year and a half on the 31st. Not that that matters either, I had done a lot of stupid shit in my years, and regret a lot of things. I was a heartless lying cheating stealing piece of shit...I am not one of those things now. Blows me away how my life has changed. Sorry for rambling all this shit....

back when I lived in suburbia I had only TGI Fridays the "bar" to go to. so one tuesday night after karaoke, after a few too many i had to drive home. now, the drive was only 4 turns and about 1 mile total and had been done many a times before so this night was not unlike many in the past (other than being slightly more mauled than usual).

so i get to the last main turn, ready to roll into my housing development. the light turns green (as i remember it) and i clutch and gas it.......right into the car in front of me....

a chick is driving and the dude in the passenger seat gets out of the car and after a brief conversation i convince them to turn off this quasi-main road into the development and settle thing there....

....then i gas it away.....

...not really....

i actually followed them into the plan, we exchanged info and all and he said "i will call you if there is a problem, and dont drink and drink, i can smell the booze on your breath."

he never called.

i take it as karma for the time i got rear ended and never made any claim against the guy who hit me.

luckiest day of my life.

i got real lucky wednesday night, got pulled over going about 50 in a 35 and my dumb ass didn't realize my insurance card in my car was expired (i guess i forgot to put the new one in there). after sitting in the car for a while he comes back and just says "drive safe" and walks away. i was so relieved!

next day i called my insurance company to get a new card and i find out they just lowered my insurance by about $700 for the year. so glad i didn't get a ticket