I cant freeken believe VC...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Admin
My only real problem with VC is that the shipping packages usually leave a whole lot to be desired. A nice stamp or sticker that says "DO NOT BEND" would do wonders.

just spoke to andy about this and we are putting FRAGILE DO NOT BEND on every single label we print out with postage. hope that helps.

I hope this attitude gets you very far in life my friend. In the meantime I would way rather devote my time to customers who are understanding and supportive despite how many pieces of paper we forget to mail them.

Customer's always right, dude. No matter how dickish they may be coming off as. The second you start attacking someone who gave you their money, you lose business.

My only real problem with VC is that the shipping packages usually leave a whole lot to be desired. A nice stamp or sticker that says "DO NOT BEND" would do wonders.

just spoke to andy about this and we are putting FRAGILE DO NOT BEND on every single label we print out with postage. hope that helps.

that should helpa bit. numerous people have said the post office can play basketball with your package if if doesn't have fragile written or stamped on it. apparently they're not responsible for packages that get damaged on their end unless it says fragile or do not bend on it.

really i´m beyond pissed...all this talk about how much vinyl is loved and shit...you can CLEARLY see when taking a look at your packages that there´s no love at all for vinyl...fuck, I can´t understand these poor packing jobs...it´s not like they started out last week or so....I AM PISSED!

I think it's incredibly classless of you to make assumptions like this about our company when you clearly have no idea about the hard work each of us put in every week.

We are a company of six people that care passionately about music, the vinyl we put out and the customers that support us. We could all make a lot more money at other companies, but we chose to work here because we feel independent companies like this are important.

We do everything we can to make our customers happy. Do we make mistakes? Fuck yeah we do! Every time one is brought to our attention we work hard to ensure it is fixed and never happens again.

Everyday I walk in to at least 60 emails and sometimes its hard to get to every single one in a day, but I still try to get to them promptly to make everyone happy.

It really shows piss poor character on your part to post something like this on a public forum rather than email one of us directly. We don't like to be told we're doing a bad job, no one does.

Is that 7" really that important to you that you're willing to directly insult six people you've never met?

Had you been nice about it, we probably would've mailed you a replacement 7" free of charge. Instead, you chose to do this.

I hope this attitude gets you very far in life my friend. In the meantime I would way rather devote my time to customers who are understanding and supportive despite how many pieces of paper we forget to mail them.

I can´t help it if you (plus probably 5 other guys at VC) take it personally. My statement was clearly against packing policies. And I´m sorry but exactly those packing jobs don´t show much love for vinyl. That´s my 2 cents.

Ps.: Did I understand correctly? If I was more nice I´d have received a replacement. Ah, I see. My mistake. You did fine. Keep your replacement 7inch.

Customer's always right, dude. No matter how dickish they may be coming off as. The second you start attacking someone who gave you their money, you lose business.

i, for the most part, concur.

posting a scathing attack on a customer like that publically was probably not the best move.

i had to take a customer service training class for work, and i forget how many good experiences it takes to counteract one bad one. it's a ridiculously high number.

personally, i haven't had anything but good ones when it comes to VC.

that should helpa bit. numerous people have said the post office can play basketball with your package if if doesn't have fragile written or stamped on it. apparently they're not responsible for packages that get damaged on their end unless it says fragile or do not bend on it.

I've heard this too but I'm not convinced its true. Regardless though, marking a package as fragile or with "do not bend" is certainly not going to hurt anything.

I really appreciate this! I know it will probably be a little more work for you guys, but I'm sure it will help cut down on the amount of damaged packages people receive and the amount of replacement records that will needed to be sent out.

I can't stress enough that I do think VC does a great job overall and that this will only add to it.

I've heard this too but I'm not convinced its true. Regardless though, marking a package as fragile or with "do not bend" is certainly not going to hurt anything.

Hope this helps, but I've seen our post office guy that picks up all of our mailorder @ VC be really careless with packages (tossing them around, etc) and I know for a fact he is not reading anything on the packages or noticing any fragile or do not bend stamps. But, if packages do arrived damaged and were marked fragile, it could help make insurance claims go smoother. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I like basketball!!!

Uh oh! Prepare for smiting for badmouthing VC.

I agree with you. My last couple UTIs came with no dust sleeve and were a mess. And I received four or five 7"s in one flimpsy bubble mailer-type package.

since smiting started already...go ahead everyone...I dont fukken care about it because I AM RIGHT! The packing jobs are poor and vinyl without dust sleeves is POOR as well.

people are smiting you for pointing out the truth?

thats funny

from what i gather it doesn't matter how somethings packed.. if the post office is going to destroy it.. they're going to destroy it.... i've gotten tons of 7" in those super slim paperboard mailers and never had a problem... but at the same time.. i've had the USPS utterly oblierate cases that were double boxed and reinforced, and had a half a roll of tape sealing them.

Well, the other issue (perhaps not on other customers' minds - but it's always on mine) is waste. I hate getting damaged LP's in the mail for the obvious reason, but what makes me more upset is how wasteful it is; the energy costs to send it back, the energy/petroleum wasted on that damaged LP and the new one sent out, etc. Not to mention the loss to VC/SH's bottom line. In other words, there is plenty of incentive for both the seller and buyer to ship LPs safely.

Guest Admin

one thing I wanted to add (and then I am done with this thread), but it isn't like any of us are hard to get a hold of. If you have a problem, let us know. We always (let me stress Always) try to remedy our mistakes. Yes, we make mistakes, more than I like to admit, but I think we are some of the most reasonable people around to deal with. When someone questions our love of music and the vinyl format, we obviously take offense. It doesn't help that I got drunk by myself on my back patio and having a hard day because of it. Damn, that Stranahan's whiskey is just so damn tasty.

Know that we all love you and seriously consider you our friends through music. Email us if you ever have a problem and give us the benefit of doubt, we always do what we can to remedy the problem.

I think it's incredibly classless of you to make assumptions like this about our company when you clearly have no idea about the hard work each of us put in every week.

We are a company of six people that care passionately about music, the vinyl we put out and the customers that support us. We could all make a lot more money at other companies, but we chose to work here because we feel independent companies like this are important.

We do everything we can to make our customers happy. Do we make mistakes? Fuck yeah we do! Every time one is brought to our attention we work hard to ensure it is fixed and never happens again.

Everyday I walk in to at least 60 emails and sometimes its hard to get to every single one in a day, but I still try to get to them promptly to make everyone happy.

It really shows piss poor character on your part to post something like this on a public forum rather than email one of us directly. We don't like to be told we're doing a bad job, no one does.

Is that 7" really that important to you that you're willing to directly insult six people you've never met?

Had you been nice about it, we probably would've mailed you a replacement 7" free of charge. Instead, you chose to do this.

Andy, you've always been helpful and courteous me and I appreciate everything you guys do, but this response was probably the worst way you could've addressed a customer complaint either in public or private. This is a real black eye to VC and the rest of the folks there. Every business has to deal with unhappy customers, pleasant or not. Knee-jerk reactions like this can spread like a disease and really hurt business. Calling a customer "classless" and copping an attitude doesn't help. My best advice is take your lumps, learn from them and move on.

Guest adam526

I've never had a prolem with the 7"s I get from VC, and they've always come in 7" mailers, not a LP mailer.

I'm gonna chime in here and say it's outright silly for people to be like, "No way Andy, the customer is always right. You gotta take it". I work in sales and we never have and never will have a "customer is always right" policy. Yes, if something is wrong (or even inadequate for the client) we do everything in our power to fix it, but if I client thinks they're going to get what they want by stomping their foot and insulting us we reserve the right to say, "sorry, that's outside of our policy". Now admittedly, that's a bit more PC than Andy's response but it all comes from the same place.

Additionally, I wouldn't take customer service from Scott, a guy who reacts to criticism of his work (AP) by asking, "What do you do for a living so I can insult it". I got no personal beef but pot and kettle.

I'm gonna chime in here and say it's outright silly for people to be like, "No way Andy, the customer is always right. You gotta take it". I work in sales and we never have and never will have a "customer is always right" policy. Yes, if something is wrong (or even inadequate for the client) we do everything in our power to fix it, but if I client thinks they're going to get what they want by stomping their foot and insulting us we reserve the right to say, "sorry, that's outside of our policy". Now admittedly, that's a bit more PC than Andy's response but it all comes from the same place.

Additionally, I wouldn't take customer service from Scott, a guy who reacts to criticism of his work (AP) by asking, "Why do you do for a living so I can insult it". I got on personal beef but pot and kettle.

I agree with you on one level, but I think this situation could've been handled more tactfully. Acting like a dick in public in response to someone else acting like a dick in public solves nothing and does not make things better for anyone involved. That kind of public reaction can only have a negative impact on business. It's not what Andy wrote, it's how he wrote it.

It also opens the door to accusations if for some reason 706union's next order shows up messed up...hmmmm...could it have been on purpose? It's just opens a lot of doors that are better left closed. That same respones could've easily been sent by email or PM. Yes, the same argument can be made for 706union's post, but that wasn't the case. Trashing him publicly for airing a grievance publicly is not the answer.