I cant freeken believe VC...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooohhh. Maybe some good can come of this. Can we sticky a thread called "Problems with/questions about a VC order?" and the first post of that thread can contain email contact info? That will at least eliminate some of the threads that pop up asking for said info...and maybe could've eliminated the need for this thread altogether.

That thread can even be locked after the first post so no one can post in it.

I'm gonna chime in here and say it's outright silly for people to be like, "No way Andy, the customer is always right. You gotta take it". I work in sales and we never have and never will have a "customer is always right" policy. Yes, if something is wrong (or even inadequate for the client) we do everything in our power to fix it, but if I client thinks they're going to get what they want by stomping their foot and insulting us we reserve the right to say, "sorry, that's outside of our policy". Now admittedly, that's a bit more PC than Andy's response but it all comes from the same place.

Additionally, I wouldn't take customer service from Scott, a guy who reacts to criticism of his work (AP) by asking, "Why do you do for a living so I can insult it". I got on personal beef but pot and kettle.

I agree with you on one level, but I think this situation could've been handled more tactfully. Acting like a dick in public in response to someone else acting like a dick in public solves nothing and does not make things better for anyone involved. That kind of public reaction can only have a negative impact on business. It's not what Andy wrote, it's how he wrote it.

It also opens the door to accusations if for some reason 706union's next order shows up messed up...hmmmm...could it have been on purpose? It's just opens a lot of doors that are better left closed. That same respones could've easily been sent by email or PM. Yes, the same argument can be made for 706union's post, but that wasn't the case. Trashing him publicly for airing a grievance publicly is not the answer.

I agree, that it doesn't solve anything but I don't fault him. I'm sure these cats work hard and I know I hate to sit there and stomach when someone choose to handle a grievance in a very public, "I HAVE BEEN WRONGED!" sort of way. I don't feel Andy's response was meant to be the end of a business transaction but rather an employee expressing frustration at a situation that occurs all to commonly in an era where people can complain on a public forum as opposed to actually contacting the company you have a problem with directly.

VC has replaced covers for me that were damaged enough to complain about...even for weird things like the Solea LP that was an import that they had limited copies of.

I'm ok with a few bumps and bruises though...it kinda goes hand in hand with mailordering records.

mike was right though...most glue pocket sleeves don't have dust sleeves.

I pack up 99% of the records that leave this warehouse. If for any reason you are not happy with the job I've done then by all means feel free to email me [email protected] I am a collector too. I order stuff all the time. I know exactly how important it is to have to record or 7" come in good condition. Music is my life and always will be. If it's not putting in my 40 or more hours a week here, I'm putting 20 to 30 hours at my guitar shop. If I'm not doing that I'm at band practice, playing shows, or spinning records at some shit bar getting wasted. So please believe that I truly do care about the quality when it comes to the records you all purchase. The only funny thing I do is send kleenex with cry baby band orders. If you don't believe me then feel free to fart my dick out. Love you all!

-Justin/VC

i've only had two slight problems with VC period.

first was they mispelled my name on the thank you list for the Co-op.

Virgil was super nice about it and even shared the story about when he was thanked for the first time on a record and his name was wrong too.

and then my ISIS pre-order never had stock to fill.

Andy was super nice about giving me a refund.

VC is heads and tails above most online record stores, hence why i will continue to order from them, i just dropped 109 yesterday on the muse re-issues and some tapes, and i'll drop more on the oasis reissues.

they're awesome. mistakes happen in retail, at least give them a chance to make it right.

Additionally, I wouldn't take customer service from Scott, a guy who reacts to criticism of his work (AP) by asking, "What do you do for a living so I can insult it". I got no personal beef but pot and kettle.

You're taking that waaaaaay out of context and you know it. In this situation, dude was a paying customer of VC who was unhappy with the way his purchase was treated. Whenever I made that remark, it was in response to someone telling me what I did for a living was "shitty," "teenybopper," "sellout," and other stupidity -- not exactly someone who's a paying customer. On the contrary: I can't tell you how many AP subscribers have written us via MySpace/Twitter (which I manage) complaining about their issue being damaged in the mail, and no matter how snotty they are (and generally they're pretty genuine about it), I replace it, no questions asked.

Virgil was super nice about it and even shared the story about when he was thanked for the first time on a record and his name was wrong too.

VC is heads and tails above most online record stores, hence why i will continue to order from them, i just dropped 109 yesterday on the muse re-issues and some tapes, and i'll drop more on the oasis reissues.

they're awesome. mistakes happen in retail, at least give them a chance to make it right.

somehow my last name became "Ucomm" on the co-op list...i hope to fucking jeebus that they fixed that...

somehow my last name became "Ucomm" on the co-op list...i hope to fucking jeebus that they fixed that...

i became Wlan Williams

Guest adam526
THIS IS HOW IT IS.......Everyone's point taken, but the truth is ANY time I have EVER had a problem with VC, they ALWAYS fixed it, no questions, no problems, no but.... no NOTHING, JUST NO PROBLEM, and fixed it.

I SECOND THIS STATEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLLLLLING ABOUTTTTT!

[image]

you were justin ucomm in my phone until i hired you and found out you had a last name

I agree, this thread should be locked.

But reading this has annoyed me a little and until it is locked here's my 10 cents.

I am with Andy on this one. I live in the UK and every single one of my VC orders (and i order a fair amount) has arrived in perfect condition. I have had a problem or two with receiving the wrong colour but it has always been dealt with quickly and VC have hooked me up with the right colour at no extra cost.

All it takes is a quick email and everything is sorted. There is no need to slate a company or anyone for that matter in a public forum or comment on there intentions especially if they haven't done anything to remedy it before hand. Nothing personal 706union, but you have been a bit of a dick about this. It was a small issue that has now blown way out of proportion. There were loads of ways you could of dealt with this better. what happened to politeness?

And as with the 7"s i have loads without dust sleeves. if it bothers you that much, buy a pack of sleeves and a record brush, that's all it takes.

Also, fuck all this customer is always right shit. I am a true believer that business should be carried out as if you were just two blokes in a pub. both parties should treated equally with respect, if someone spills your beer you buy them a new one. Simple. The customer needs to show a similar respect.

Anyway, Rant over. Lock it up.