Can't Sleep

I'm not sure what's going on with me tonight, but I can't sleep and I have to be at work at 6 am, which is in 4 hours. This day is going to suck. I'm thinking about giving up on sleep for the night, taking a shower, making a pot of coffee, and putting on a record. Anyone else still up?

I'm up. Today was my first day of vacation and I did nothing, not by choice but because I have a pinched nerve in my shoulder and am in an outstanding amount of pain. I am currently a little relaxed thanks to hydrocodone and alcohol.

I am counting down until sunday when 3 excellent days of shows happen.

Also found out one of my best friends who does not listen to much music I like somehow got turned onto Doomriders and Torche. We are talking about Torche, Baizley and how the new ETID artwork looks like baizley but Jordan drew it. He used ot be Jordans room mate and said he had lots of shit like that, that he had painted. cool.

I'm up. Today was my first day of vacation and I did nothing, not by choice but because I have a pinched nerve in my shoulder and am in an outstanding amount of pain. I am currently a little relaxed thanks to hydrocodone and alcohol.

I am counting down until sunday when 3 excellent days of shows happen.

Also found out one of my best friends who does not listen to much music I like somehow got turned onto Doomriders and Torche. We are talking about Torche, Baizley and how the new ETID artwork looks like baizley but Jordan drew it. He used ot be Jordans room mate and said he had lots of shit like that, that he had painted. cool.

I haven't seen that new artwork yet. I'm curious now!

Just about to turn in but my mind is racing -- I'm in charge of the AP Tour twitter account, and we're announcing the bands for our fall trek. I've been giving clues for each band, but kids were bitching about how they were "too easy." So now I just posted the first clue for the third band (and it is a pretty fucking vague, confusing clue) and they're all stumped. I love playing around with these kids! They're so enthusiastic and they want to solve it.

My night has panned out exactly as planned, with the addition of a tortellini snack. I'm currently brewing some of my roommate's Starbucks Anniversary coffee and spinning Yes's "Relayer". I'm feeling pretty good still, but I'm just thinking of how I'm going to feel about 9 am. ugh.

Guest kissthesharks

I used to work for starbucks..Anniversary bled was probably my favorite.

Also..there is no chance of me going to sleep now seeing as I just popped open season 1 of Human Giant.

i'm awake. just bummed out my sister. they took my car camping a couple of weeks ago and left the air pump for the inflatable raft in my car. i didnt realize that it was still in my car, but i'm already here in santa cruz. so...

in other news, i bought that ryan adams record, and i'm pretty happy about that.

i wish i could stay up into the early hours of the morning. i used to do it all the time last summer and during the school year. now i have to get up for work at 545...so i need all the sleep i can get.

def miss being up late night by myself listening to tunes though.

this.

i also miss all the late night television. and before anyone says 'that's what a dvr/tivo/whatever is for!'....i don't have one.