Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

didn't he get like a quick flash of all the objects when he touched that one in this new movie? at least thats what i got from it, i haven't read the book though

i don't think so. in the books there are like 4 more flashbacks where you see the young voldemort (tom riddle) working for borgin and burke's and going to this old witch, named hepzibah smith, and trying to coax her to sell some armor or something. she shows him hogwarts relics (slytherin's locket and hufflepuffs cup) that no one knows she has instead, and the next week she is dead, tom riddle has disappeared, and those items are missing (turned into horcruxes). the movie didn't show those items. i don't know, i like the book the half blood prince too much.

when i grow up i want to be a horcrux. the fact that they are splitting up the next book into two movies gives me hope that the movie will be good. this movie was better than the last, but still pretty lacking.

HARDEST PART IN THE ENTIRE MOVIE::::SPOILERS:::::

when malfoy is all like "didn't your mother ever tell you not to eavesdrop, potter?"

and then he's like "oh wait.. she was too busy GETTING BLOWN UP" or some shit

AND THEN HE JUST FUCKING STOMPS ON HIS FACE. that was awesome.

i thought the new movie was great, im a huge harry potter fan, not gonna lie! it did leave out some, but id wait to see what they do with the next one in regards to the horcrux's to see how they introduce him knowing them all...thats all! overall, thought it was good

also, i think someone said book five movie sucked! just watched it last night, thought it was great!

I've enjoyed all of the movies, including the new one. I think objectively viewing them as their own entity as opposed to constantly comparing them to the books makes them a lot more enjoyable. Also, I have a feeling that they might take some of the stuff that they left out about Riddle's past and whatnot and impose it into the new movie, since they're splitting Deathly Hallows up into two movies.

I love me some Harry Potter. I still haven't seen it though. Being the nerd I am I will probably align myself with James' sentiments. I don't care about reading the spoilers since I already know what happens from reading the books. I want to prepare myself so I'm not like 'WTF WHY DID THEY LEAVE THAT OUT." That said I'm probably holding off and going to see it in imax. Seeing the trailer in Imax was sooooooo badass.

Well, for one thing, the scene where Dumbledore gets killed, that's all fucked up. Harry is supposed to be frozen and invisible. Instead he's just downstairs straight chillin' with Snape.

BTW, my theory is that Snape is actually a good guy. Since he has already killed people, he's supposed to kill Dumbledore so the innocent Malfoy kid won't do it, thus saving him. They make such a big deal of how killing people fucks you all up. In any case, that's always been my take on it. Who knows.

I am a huge harry potter fan and I also reread the entire series all the time...just did it in June actually. I will also be getting a deathly hallows tatt. the movie was okay, maybe the best one maybe not but the special affects with the death eaters were really cool. the hermione being a weak crying girl kinda sucked...sure she was upset but not as ridiculous during the book [creep](she looked great in that dress btw)[/creep]

where was hagrid? how could they not even mention that voldy collected trophies and the significance of the school founders items...that's 3-4 lines that would have made a huge difference.

also - where the fuck was the end battle? I was so ready for a kick ass fight at the end (espically with bellatrix running on the table in the preview) and nothing happened...all though the blowout of the great hall looked cool.

I am a huge harry potter fan and I felt somewhat bored at times. I'll see it again soon and see how it goes.

dante - no they didn't cover it before. the idea of horocrux's were always there (diary) but it was never mentioned before the 6th book.

I still find the 5th movie as the worst though...too much on umbridge / not enough on snapes memory and the prophecy.

also - i've always wondered. how do the people who don't read the books keep up? it just seems like they skim over so much backstory I don't think the movies on their own tell a good enough story. maybe i'm biased.

Well, for one thing, the scene where Dumbledore gets killed, that's all fucked up. Harry is supposed to be frozen and invisible. Instead he's just downstairs straight chillin' with Snape.

BTW, my theory is that Snape is actually a good guy. Since he has already killed people, he's supposed to kill Dumbledore so the innocent Malfoy kid won't do it, thus saving him. They make such a big deal of how killing people fucks you all up. In any case, that's always been my take on it. Who knows.

yeah, but i don't mind how they adapted it and it makes sense. it would be hard to focus on harry under a cloak.

if you haven't read the books: huge spoiler!!!

the thing is snape is a good guy and since dumbledore asked him to kill him it wouldn't rip snapes soul since snape knew he didn't really "kill" dumbledore. sort of like assisted suicide. dumbledore wanted to do it to save malfoy. and, I don't think snape has killed anyone.

SPOILER-ish: If you haven't read the books:

I just know when they do the movies they better not fuck up when they adapt the chapter about Snape and Harry's mom. That chapter ripped my fucking heart out and smashed it into a million pieces. I was all out crying like a little bitch. They better get it right.