hmm... should I contact No Idea about this?

Guest genericinsight

Guest genericinsight

So I just got a package from No Idea that I ordered, but they only shipped half my records. I ordered 4 and they only sent 2, no invoice or anything.

this was my first order with No Idea, has this happened before? Should I email them? Is it possible maybe they're waiting on other records to ship them? I find it funny though because the ones they sent me were stuff that I WOULD think would go out of stock fast (Chuck Ragan LP and Shorebirds 7") and the other two records I don't think would.

thoughts?

one time i was driving somewhere with my buddy and no idea records actually CALLED his cell phone to clarify an order

Revelation called my cell about an order before. That was a first for me.

Revelation called me about an order once too but years ago. Not since then.

any idea how long ago this was? if it was 2 years ago then you may have been speaking with one cool cat that goes by matt. he's a nifty guy ;)

Guest genericinsight

any idea how long ago this was? if it was 2 years ago then you may have been speaking with one cool cat that goes by matt. he's a nifty guy ;)

hahaha nah it was maybe in the late 1990's sometime, plus the person who called me was a woman. that would have been rad though.

99% of the time when i'd call someone they'd get weirded out as to why i was calling them and normally thought it was a bogus call. usually got a little awkward but it was a much easier way to do orders by calling the folks directly instead of emailing them.

you probably talked to vique if it was back then.

It was about 1 year ago.

Guest genericinsight

I think in this day and age people are so used to email that if a distro or some places calls them it's a little weird. Back then, no place I ordered from had email addresses so I was used to it.

the thing is I don't even give most distros my phone number because I get so many telemarketers calling my cell phone I probably would hang up on them.

Guest genericinsight

update:

they just wrote me back and said they didn't have them and won't bill me for them. I guess that's good... kinda sucks I won't be getting my records though.