Dead to me announce "African Elephants"

and they're playing as a three piece.

Hey kids, long time no update. In an attempt to briefly answer the roughly twenty billion questions we've been asked about what the hell we've been up to lately, I'm gonna make this short and sweet... not really.

Fuck what you heard, we have a new full length record. It's called African Elephants and the stampede begins in late October. This record marks somewhat of a new era for us, it was recorded without our brother, best friend, founding member, and most importantly new father, Jack Dalrymple. Sometimes children get a father that loves them and actually wants to be a part of their life. Little baby Jack Dalrymple (the third!) is one such child. So, as much fun as being stuck in a van with immature, impolite and unhygienic boys can be at times, our guitar player has opted for fatherhood. A sabbatical from Dead To Me as it were... Of course Jack knows that once you're in Dead To Me you're in for life and that you can only be sexed out. As much fun as being sexed out in a van with immature, impolite, unhygienic boys can be at times, our guitar player has still opted for fatherhood. He will be back though, know that...

In the meantime the three of us are gonna forge ahead and keep touring, writing songs and generally stirring shit in what has become a pretty stagnant and uninspiring little music world you guys have created for yourselves by somehow being okay with seriously generic "punk" bands

imitating Springsteen, or macho aggressive predictable see the breakdown coming a year away, nine trillion tattoos just on your neck hardcore, but I digress...

We're putting up a brand new song for streaming, “Modern Muse”. Our guitar player Nathan wrote and sang a lot of songs on African Elephants, one of which we'll putting up real soon, and DTM collectively couldn't be more excited for you to hear it. In less exciting news, I wrote and sang a lot of songs too... ha!

So, to wrap things up here, we have a new full length record called African Elephants and it's coming out in late October. Jack Dalrymple is not on the new record, but is still in the band and ALWAYS will be. DTM will be touring extensively as a three piece and we are looking forward to coming to your town to fuck shit up very soon! Go listen to new song and let us know what

you think.

Love your life.

Peace.

I think his jab was pretty spot on, punk rocks current obsession with Bruce Springsteen needs to end ASAP.

How is punk rock obsessed with him? The Gaslight Anthem were influenced by him, but I don't think they are any sort of indication of the state of the entire genre. (I must be missing something...?)

I think his jab was pretty spot on, punk rocks current obsession with Bruce Springsteen needs to end ASAP.

How is punk rock obsessed with him? The Gaslight Anthem were influenced by him, but I don't think they are any sort of indication of the state of the entire genre. (I must be missing something...?)

As a non-audible influence, i.e. like Death Metal and Sabbath, maybe its an influence but honestly, I don't hear much outside of TGA sounding like the Boss.

so i saw them tonight. they were pretty much what you'd expect. dead to me with no jack. nate was singing all of jack's parts. they played like 4-5 new songs (maybe i'm exaggerating but thats what it seemed like), and they were okay. i wouldn't say amazing, but they were just okay.

it's weird because jack's voice was so distinctive and paired with chicken's singing, it made for a great dynamic (kinda like brendan and chris in the larry arms). now that jack's not there, that dynamic is gone, too. the song they posted pretty much says it all.

fat mike showed up, too