hot topic 50% off (good stuff)

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this thread. There are probably 10 different threads bitching about Hot Topic and vinyl and once people can save $5 Hot Topic becomes the best thing in the world...you guys are fickle.

I think most of the complaints are either about people being disgraced to walk into a Hot Topic or buying a record there and having the staff be like, "OMG! Teh big cds!" I don't like the store a lot, so I don't shop there with any regularity, but a huge discount is a huge discount, just the same.

I love this thread. There are probably 10 different threads bitching about Hot Topic and vinyl and once people can save $5 Hot Topic becomes the best thing in the world...you guys are fickle.

I think most of the complaints are either about people being disgraced to walk into a Hot Topic or buying a record there and having the staff be like, "OMG! Teh big cds!" I don't like the store a lot, so I don't shop there with any regularity, but a huge discount is a huge discount, just the same.

Maybe you're right.

But I don't change my stance based on a discount. I am very anti-WalMart...if I want a TV and WalMart has it for $200 less than anywhere else, I'll pay extra. I don't want to give WalMart my money.

Maybe you're right.

But I don't change my stance based on a discount. I am very anti-WalMart...if I want a TV and WalMart has it for $200 less than anywhere else, I'll pay extra. I don't want to give WalMart my money.

i share the same opinion. i never shop at walmart, except for last week my gf wanted to buy a plant, we bought one but didn't want to give 40$ to them, so i took another plant's price sticker, think it was 7-8$ ? and put it on the plant we bought :)

otherwise, i always shop at Zellers instead.

I don't have a major problem with hot topic. I will stop in from time to time and check their sale stuff and have scored good stuff cheap. This last batch of stuff I picked up was because they were records I'd never buy at full price since I've never really heard any of those bands. The thursday envy split I would never pay more then a few bucks for since I absolutely hate thursday.

Not that anyone cares.

I love Hot Topic. The one near me at least. They have a big vinyl shelf that's always organized well and the records are almost never damaged. I don't see what's not to like about being able to go to the mall every once in a while to get a new album at a great price... I just bought Full Collapse there for like $11 and I plan on getting the new August Burns Red for $9.99 next week.

Also my friend bought the Alchemy Index boxset there and it was like $50. Not bad.

Maybe you're right.

I agree, I don't like walmart and I don't shop there (the last time I went was when I was dragged with my parents...I didn't buy anything but I was scared by all the people on meth at 10am). As for Hot Topic, it's not the sort of thing I'm morally opposed to. I don't go to them because I don't go to malls and typically there's nothing there that interests me. However, it's not one of those stores I would look down on someone for shopping at.

I don't think that was for very long. I just met up with him today, oddly enough.

I stopped at two Hot Topics today. The one had some stuff, the other didn't seem to half much on sale.

I always feel dirty going into Hot Topic.

What 2 did you hit? I went to Boulevard mall yesterday. Did you hit Galleria and Mckinley?

I don't think that was for very long. I just met up with him today, oddly enough.

I stopped at two Hot Topics today. The one had some stuff, the other didn't seem to half much on sale.

I always feel dirty going into Hot Topic.

What 2 did you hit? I went to Boulevard mall yesterday. Did you hit Galleria and Mckinley?

Galleria and the Boulevard. Galleria has shit, don't bother. I'll probably hit the McKinley tomorrow.