In Exile

Like Moths to Flame

Circles

At the Last

Of Dust and Nations

A Song for Milly Michaelson

Helter Skelter

Beggars

although it's a short set, i really hope, they will play earlier songs than vheissu....

Thrice

1. All The World Is Mad

2. The Weight

3. The Arsonist

4. Like Moths to Flame

5. Circles

6. A Song for Milly Michaelson

7. In Exile

8. Of Dust And Nations

9. At The Last

10. Helter Skelter (The Beatles cover)

11. Beggars

Brand New

You Wont Know

Degausser

Tommy Gun

Sic Transit

No Seatbelt Song

Jaws Theme Swimming

Vices

Gasoline

You Stole

Sowing Season

Bought A Bride

In a Jar

Luca

Jesus

Archers

At the Bottom

Play Crack the Sky

It was a great show.

ah man if i knew what you looked like daniel i would have looked for you! did you think jesse was being a total dick last night?! he wouldn't sign my deja vinyl when the rest of the band already had. i was pissed

Haha I didn't know there were any VCers in Austin. I go to school in SA but I make the hour drive almost weekly to go up to Austin.

From what I'm told Jesse is a dick most nights but I definitely got that impression. I've heard he doesn't do autographs haha. And the whole show it was like he was pissed that he had to play for us or something. It was disappointing.

I've always wondered how that goes. Did he just say no or what?

Haha I didn't know there were any VCers in Austin. I go to school in SA but I make the hour drive almost weekly to go up to Austin.

From what I'm told Jesse is a dick most nights but I definitely got that impression. I've heard he doesn't do autographs haha. And the whole show it was like he was pissed that he had to play for us or something. It was disappointing.

I'm actually in San Marcos so yeah I make that 25 minute drive about twice a month at least or whenever I go home to Temple which is about an hour north of Austin. I got the impression he didn't wanna be there either. A friend of mine who I saw there was helping out the with the sound board and said that Jesse wasn't even flying into Austin until like 6 from NY so he may not have wanted to be there.

My friends and I got there at like 1:30 and we got Teppei and Ed to sign our stuff and then after the show got Reilly's auto but Dustin was busy early and after the show we were told he had gone out with family so we just didn't wanna be dicks and stalk him.

Jesse was just like "yeah I'll get that later" and just kept walking pretty much and we never saw him again. I was turned off by the whole thing and just didn't bother to try to find him after that. The rest of the band was super nice, Brian (drummer) asked to see my Alchemy vinyl since I guess he had never seen it and thought it was pretty cool and Garrett (bass) didn't know where to enter the venue and no one in line had the balls to say anything to him so I asked if he was looking for a way in and showed him the way to the stage door. Nice people.

[image]

I'll put up a pic of the sign Alchemy Index whenever I get out of class and back home

I was also kinda disappointed the Builders and Butchers didn't make it for whatever reason

Yeah I was really looking forward to buying their LP, apparently they had van trouble which is too bad. I've heard that Jesse doesn't do autographs. I love that guy's music but I don't get why he seems to hate his fans so much.

Edit: I really wanted to meet Thrice too but I didn't think I'd be able to. I see you bought one of the prints too haha. I got there like 45 minutes after the doors opened and I was so afraid I wouldn't get one but they still had a big stack of them.

apparently they had van trouble which is too bad.

that's what I heard as well. I heard Jesse sometimes signs things but that he never does pictures which I can understand fully but it takes 3 seconds to sign something. I didn't care to talk to him or take up a lot of his time just wanted some ink on a piece of art he helped create is all

Guest adam526

I'm actually in San Marcos so yeah I make that 25 minute drive about twice a month at least or whenever I go home to Temple which is about an hour north of Austin. I got the impression he didn't wanna be there either. A friend of mine who I saw there was helping out the with the sound board and said that Jesse wasn't even flying into Austin until like 6 from NY so he may not have wanted to be there.

My friends and I got there at like 1:30 and we got Teppei and Ed to sign our stuff and then after the show got Reilly's auto but Dustin was busy early and after the show we were told he had gone out with family so we just didn't wanna be dicks and stalk him.

Jesse was just like "yeah I'll get that later" and just kept walking pretty much and we never saw him again. I was turned off by the whole thing and just didn't bother to try to find him after that. The rest of the band was super nice, Brian (drummer) asked to see my Alchemy vinyl since I guess he had never seen it and thought it was pretty cool and Garrett (bass) didn't know where to enter the venue and no one in line had the balls to say anything to him so I asked if he was looking for a way in and showed him the way to the stage door. Nice people.

[image]

I'll put up a pic of the sign Alchemy Index whenever I get out of class and back home

I was also kinda disappointed the Builders and Butchers didn't make it for whatever reason

Builder's van broke down halfway there.

Just made the pre-order page, thought I'd share the skinny on this here record:

"Limited to 2000 numbered copies with a 24-page 11" x 11" full color booklet with images, lyrics and additional band notes not included with the CD version, each booklet SIGNED BY THE BAND!"

wow thats intense. I always look forward to the extra liner notes. Any idea of a release date?

Just made the pre-order page, thought I'd share the skinny on this here record:

"Limited to 2000 numbered copies with a 24-page 11" x 11" full color booklet with images, lyrics and additional band notes not included with the CD version, each booklet SIGNED BY THE BAND!"

wow thats intense. I always look forward to the extra liner notes. Any idea of a release date?

Oh sorry - 12/15/2009...or if you want to go by Alchemy Index time, 12/15/3009. :P

its always so weird when people talk about jesse being a bad dude and not being nice and what not. I have hung out with him several times and he is seriously one of the nicest people i have met...ever. Also he has signed stuff for me and i have a photo with him, i didnt ask him for it though cos i know he doesnt like that but the promoter of the tour at the time asked and he couldnt really say no to him.

I think he just really doesnt like the spotlight and what not. He wants to just be able to hang out with his mates and be a normal dude which obviously he cant do.

In new york the guest list was screwed up and i was almost in tears because i had gone all the way from sydney to see them. Jesse told me not to worry and that he would sort it out. He hung out with me for an hour (with his girlfriend and family as it was the day after his birthday) then got me in just in time for them to go on.

edit: also im keen for beggers vinyl haha

I think its harder to judge a person by one quick moment, regardless of who they are, than band members are given credit for. I know that for some, like Joe of RX Bandits, has a ton of shit he has to do being their manager than just show up and play - not everyone has such a big role outside of playing, but a lot of band people serve multiple roles outside of playing. A lot of the more well-known bands already have their pre-show time planned out with interviews, in-stores, radio interviews, etc. Not to mention non-business stuff that takes time too like family, personal time, etc.

All I'm trying to say is that I bet plenty of band members deserve the benefit in these situations because they didn't necessarily want to say no but they did for a non-asshole reason. Especially when a band doesn't have a million strong crew to do every single thing for them, there just isn't all the time in the world to sign every autograph, talk to every kid, etc. I'm sure there are band members out there who could be more friendly in conveying that, but I get the feeling that The Road doesn't always bring out the best in people.

That said, there are some people who are just dicks - I don't know if this is that case because I have never met Thrice, just saying sometimes its not personal. :)

Now who wants a hug?! ;D

its always so weird when people talk about jesse being a bad dude and not being nice and what not. I have hung out with him several times and he is seriously one of the nicest people i have met...ever. Also he has signed stuff for me and i have a photo with him, i didnt ask him for it though cos i know he doesnt like that but the promoter of the tour at the time asked and he couldnt really say no to him.

I think he just really doesnt like the spotlight and what not. He wants to just be able to hang out with his mates and be a normal dude which obviously he cant do.

In new york the guest list was screwed up and i was almost in tears because i had gone all the way from sydney to see them. Jesse told me not to worry and that he would sort it out. He hung out with me for an hour (with his girlfriend and family as it was the day after his birthday) then got me in just in time for them to go on.

edit: also im keen for beggers vinyl haha

with Jesse it's the typical one rotten apple spoils the bunch. sure there are the intelligent and respectful fans that either don't strike up a conversation and let him go about his business, or if they do talk to him it's just a simple hello. but the idiots that run up to him screaming and yelling "oh my god it's Jesse! you're so awesome i love 'insert your favorite song here' can i take a picture with you?" far out number the respectful, level headed fans.

someone that runs up to you screaming in your ear and causing a scene doesn't deserve the time of day. imagine being in his position, dealing with that nonsense day after day, week after week. i understand the guy is in the public eye and has a loyal devoted follwing but you can't expect him to jump through hoops at every show or appearance.