13/14 Premier League Football Discussion

What an awful week. The Milan game at least was the knock out punch, these Real Madrid games are just to passed out kicks to the face.

Hopefully they can get their shit together before the second leg of the champions league bc at this point it's all they should currently be thinking about unless they start blowing la liga too

terrible call. should've been a yellow not a red for Nani. that ref is red card happy. fox soccer showed his booking record, at least ones that stood out. he's card happy in general really. over the last year-year and a half he's handed out at least 5 reds in either the Champions League or the Europa league.

fox soccer went even further back and highlighted a Europa league match back in 2011 where he issued 8 yellows and 1 red. in the 2012 Euro semi with Portugal and Spain he handed out 9 yellows. it's important to note that that Portugal Spain semi was the first match he was selected for after being skipped over for several matches because of his controversial officiating in a 2012 Euro group stage match with Ireland and italy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I really thought more obnoxious vinyl collecting hipsters would be into soccer.

haha. Champions League should be good. Was hoping, like most people I think, that Barcelona would play Dortmund. I'm fine this way though. Interested in how Bayern will approach Barca. Sitting back and absorbing pressure seems effective for a lot of teams, but Bayern have the players to really go at Barca's defense. Thought PSG was surprisingly attacking in that second leg. 

After a fairly boring bunch of games yesterday (watched the Everton and Arsenal games), today was sure crazy. City looked so comfortable and then just lost it. Why didn't Aguero play? Escapes a ban for the two footed stomp and sits the game out anyway. Odd. Then Suarez. haha, what the fuck. His goal could have a huge impact on the top 4. Looks like Arsenal should be in. Chelsea sure have been getting some bad decisions this week.
And Bayern tore another team apart. Dortmund looked good too. So excited for the Champions League games, I don't even care that I have three midterms.

I thought Villa was average in that last league game, he's not fast enough to stretch the game. Song is a DM and a really unreliable one at that so i can understand starting an actual defender ahead of him despite any inexperience. Honestly, though, i can't get over how average they're making Barca look, they're too strong for them all over the pitch.

And that's why Sanchez would've been a fine replacement at the 60' mark. Villas average has always been more dependable than Sanchez history of choking in big games. Like today he's been useless, then again 4-0 is an embarrassment. Now jordi alba gets a yellow for no reason. Bad end to a very good run, I just hope messi is ok.

Bayern was far superior today

They got shut the fuck down, Messi, Xavi and Iniesta might as well have not been playing. Messi clearly isn't fit but Barca's midfield was crowded out at every opportunity, the officials were so bad - two of the goals shouldn't have stood and i think Alves was fouled leading up to the first goal too - so i can understand Alba losing it in a way. These days Barca are starting to remind me of Arsenal in that i get the impression other teams know how to play against them and they're starting to expect to win every game as a matter of course.