My Xbox 360 just died...

Mine broke, but the way it happened wasn't covered under the warranty so I had to give it the 3 red lights on purpose before they would fix it. Wrapped it in a towel and left it on for a while did the trick. It was a pretty fast turnaround time though!

My disc drive stopped working, and they would only fix it for $130. I left it on in a box for 8 days, no red ring. I eventually caved and bought a new Arcade machine for $200. Bleh.

i heard they hook you up with stuff when they give your xbox back. i guess im lucky with mine. it used red ring a lot (being a first generation xbox) but i figured out that it does it whenever it gets kinda dusty. so i just use those compressed air cans on it. oh yea heres my gamertag if anyone wants to add me: tacosauce1

Guest kevinb
I got my 360 back after about 8 days. all fixed for free! and It only took a year and half to get the red rings, unlike my ps3 I got on ebay got had a disc problem and now they want $150! fucccck youuuuu sony!
You are the one who bought it used off of it ebay... just sayin

I am, but it worked fine before I updated the firmware..just sayin. if anything it has made me more of a 360 supporter! I mean all i did was put in a copy of infamous and it suposedly kicked the shit out of my system which was working fine for like 2 days before that?! again: FUCK SONY!

I am, but it worked fine before I updated the firmware..just sayin. if anything it has made me more of a 360 supporter! I mean all i did was put in a copy of infamous and it suposedly kicked the shit out of my system which was working fine for like 2 days before that?! again: FUCK SONY!

I've updated firmware on my PS3 several times...never had a problem.

Microsoft, on the other hand, seems to have problems with everything it touches.

Just sayin.

Guest kevinb
but you have no idea how the previous owner treated the system.

I'm not trying to be an ass, I just don't get how some of you guys go out & buy an expensive system with no warranty.

esp since xbox is notorious for over heating & the red ring of death.

I'm not trying to be an ass, I just don't get how some of you guys go out & buy an expensive system with no warranty.

short of physically abusing the system it shouldn't matter how the previous owner treated it. its a risk you taking buying used but the majority of people don't play soccer with their game consoles that they want to sell.

short of physically abusing the system it shouldn't matter how the previous owner treated it. its a risk you taking buying used but the majority of people don't play soccer with their game consoles that they want to sell.

I think he's talking more that since it's used you don't get a warranty, and this current generation of consoles seem to have a lot of problems out of the box.

Warranties are a joke.

I don't buy them.

I had the RROD on my first 360, which was a launch console. I was glad, because I got a brand new one and haven't had a problem since.

I agree: warranties are, generally, a huge waste of money. The RRoD and E74 errors are covered under Microsoft's free 3-year warranty though.

• 2 weeks later...