Thorns of Life over...New Band is

The way I see it is, I'd like to see Blake take his time getting back into the swing of things. I mean what everyone really wants is Jawbreaker reunion. I'm not immune from it. I'm just sad I didn't get to see Thorns get off the ground at least for an album. I was highly anticipating it.

how so?

cause he should've stopped writing music after 24 hour revenge therapy

that's what most said when 24 hour revenge therapy came out. same went for dear you. the music changed, the albums were progressively more produced, but the lyrics were progressively better. Not to mention Dear You was probably one of the best selling albums they have had. And that's not because of the majors. Their popularity never really grew much past their regular attendance.

TOL was pretty bad but then again I never really got why everyone loved Jawbreaker so much.

The same way people love Hot Water Music, Bouncing Souls, Torche, etc. Good tunes and a vast touring schedule. Hence their popularity.

I agree though TOL wasn't too hot from what i have heard acoustically or that inaudible show that someone posted. But they were in the beginning stages. Most bands aren't that great when they start off though. It takes time for a band to find their niche.

above comment is quite laughable yet an opinion that poster is entitled to

edit: nevermind. the age says it all ;)

i would actually think someone younger would be more inclined to like dear you. most of the people who hated it were the ones that were around when the first three albums were coming out and were surrounded by the backlash of them signing to a major.

im 25 and dear you was the first album of theirs that i heard and i wasnt aware of their backstory at the time. so of course i'm very fond of that album. i also love the others, bivouac being my favorite.

Dear You is awesome (and dismissing it outright is hilarious...yeah I can understand the backlash from people where there when that shit went down)...but goddamn can you honestly say that Jet Black and Accident Prone are not two of the greatest songs ever written?!?

...and I liked the TOL live bootleg...songs weren't life-changing...but they were good.

Bands are people. You get older, you like different stuff, you change, you accept different mores, you expect more. You either like what they turn into or you don't. They couldn't have made Unfun 6 times in a row, it's impossible. The Beatles didn't make Meet the Beatles their entire career. It's evolution, baby!

So it seems forgetters may have a few shows lined up...

Well, at least one. Turns out they're playing Philly. I have my ticket already.

@R5Productions Cool new show : forgetters w/ Onion Flavored Rings / Amateur Party 09/25 @ The Barbary http://bit.ly/LWe7y / info: http://bit.ly/3K6muy #fb

It only cost me 8 bucks and that includes the service charges.