PO: Mighty Mighty Bosstones "Don't Worry..." 7"

The MMB run label "Big Rig" has teamed up with "Smash and Grab Records" to offer a super limited edition "Don’t Worry Desmond Dekker" 7" single. The B-side is the original demo version of "Another Drinking Song". Each single is hand numbered and will be limited to 250 on white vinyl and 250 on blue.

Get ’em while you can!

Here’s the link:

http://www.smashandgrabrecords.com/bosstones.html

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah seriously...after postage it equates to 9.50 if I order two, so...i think i have to order multiples to sell, just to make it affordable.

Was this sarcasm? I didn't think anyone who runs a diy label would admit to flipping.

most people that run DIY labels also don't charge $9.50 for a single 7". Nor do most people running DIY labels have the kind of money to drop $10 on a single they'd like.

yeah seriously...after postage it equates to 9.50 if I order two, so...i think i have to order multiples to sell, just to make it affordable.

Was this sarcasm? I didn't think anyone who runs a diy label would admit to flipping.

when it comes to 7"s being sold for $7 before shipping...yeah...I won't ebay it, but I'm buying one extra for trading/selling down the road. I'm so fucking broke right now it's not even funny...so if I can get more than $9.50 for this 7" and put that tiny bit of money into another label project, I'll do it in a heartbeat.

In the next 3 months, I'll be spending / trying to find / charging over / hoping beyond all hopes that they do ok with pre-orders (or some combination of) $10,000+ to put out 5 LPs...and that's just the pressing costs...I'm not trying to be an asshole, but talk to me when you have those kind of bills looming over your head....these aren't bills I can pay off in time...these are bills that are "hey, we're not sending you your shit until we get our money" type of bills.

Then factor in amongst those 4 bands, 25 or so people depending on you to get their records out...that's a lot of pressure for ONE person...and if it takes reselling a record for a few bucks that I don't have...you bet your ass I'll do that.

[sarcasm]

Besides, it's a well known fact that I'm a money grubbing bastard, I sell 7"s for $5.25($5 if you don't use paypal). And I can barely sell any for that price, maybe I should up the price to 9.50 and see if that works any better.

[/sarcasm]

why does everyone get so freaked out on here about "flipping"? i have as big of a problem as anyone with people who buy the fat stuff just to put it on ebay, but it's their money. idiots on ebay are willing to pay $50 for a new 7" that went OOP yesterday, so someone is bound to take advantage of that. almost everyone on here, when strapped for cash, sells records. hell i sold my favorite 2 7" and favorite LP a while back when i needed the money. i regret it now, but i needed the money bad then. i see a lot of the senior members on here selling stuff all the time at ebay prices on the forum, so i don't see what the big deal is. labels like no idea make their living pressing 500 variations of a record you have to track down. the whole vinyl industry at the moment is titled towards resellers. it's just the name of the game. half the people on here who are all self rightious about it will in 3 months come up with some excuse and sell half their stuff on ebay.

also, like he metions in his post, have you ever priced pressing a record? it's fucking expensive. he probably needs to pay for it however he can.

I haven't heard the new song, but 910 times their off album songs are better than what ended up on their last few records, Wrong Thing Right Then, Is it?, Storm Hit, Wake Up Call....all random comp and single b sides and all amazing...

I can't wait, still love this band soo much.