PO: Mighty Mighty Bosstones "Don't Worry..." 7"

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Affordable? This is a steal. Do you know much it cost to press vinyl? Plus it's colored, plus it's a SCREEN PRINTED package AND hand numbered. Thats not even including the cost you would pay a half way decent designer to do the artwork. I'd pay $20 and still think I got a deal! Plus it's the Bosstones, Yeah!!!

How much DOES it cost to press a record? We're all new to this.

Affordable? This is a steal. Do you know much it cost to press vinyl? Plus it's colored, plus it's a SCREEN PRINTED package AND hand numbered. Thats not even including the cost you would pay a half way decent designer to do the artwork. I'd pay $20 and still think I got a deal! Plus it's the Bosstones, Yeah!!!

How much DOES it cost to press a record? We're all new to this.

yeah please do school us on this knowledge, use your second post wisely and tell us how much it costs....cause I'd really like to know.

[/sarcasm]

I can say I got pals that press records. Put em out color or otherwise with a basic offset cover print then yeah anything over $7 is allot. But this is a screenprinted package. Now I AM a screenprinter and I can talk into that. NOT CHEAP. It's not just ink and paper (which is enough on it's own) it's all the other materials as well and were not even talking labor yet. Try screen-printing 500 of anything. It's allot of work. Not to go so deep into it but I think if people really looked at the big picture and realize somethings ARE a labor of love then a few more bucks is not so bad. You get what you pay for is all I'm saying. I don't think anyone should have to lose there shirt making records just cause there DIY. If it's to much then hell, pass over it and move on. I think this goes beyond just a 7" and more into a collectable item. Cudos for MMB for making something cool for there fans.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest baseball
anyone hear when "sometime in May" is? curious when it will get shipped.

Yeah, me too considering I'm moving in less than 2 weeks. I should probably email them.