Mitch Clem starts Facepalm Records

http://www.myspace.com/facepalmrecords

I have big plans for tons of fun records and CDs to come. My first official release will be a split 7" between Brickfight and Shang-A-Lang, which is sure to be awesome breaded awesome deep fried in awesome and served with a side of awesome. Seriously, I love both of these bands to death, this record will kill.

I’ll be putting out a fair amount of stuff now that I think you all need to hear, and I’ll be doing all the art myself, and I’m really excited about this whole project, so I hope most of you are too!

It looks like he's getting help from Springman/Silver Sprocket with the business end of things.

"My friend Avi, who runs Silver Sprocket, is the power behind the throne. He handles all the business stuff and mailorder that I don’t have the wherewithal to even attempt. So I guess you could consider Facepalm sort of a Silver Sprocket subsidiary."

I don't know if it was an exact correlation but a lot of bands Mitch Clem liked got signed to Fat in a fairly short period of time (2-3 years). See, Against Me!, The Epoxies, The Soviettes, Dillinger Four. Again, I don't know if there was any connection be he (and much of his readership) seemed to think there was.

Not a big fan of Silver Sprocket... Maybe they've gotten better since I last ordered.

I was just coming to post the same thing.

I've placed 3 orders over the years with Springman/Silver Sprocket and all 3 have had problems, only 2 of which were corrected & both those times took months.