PO: SAY ANYTHING "Say Anything" 2xLP deluxe boxset

Holy fuck! Who the fuck is that man baby on the right?! Nightmare fuel.

As for the price, it's not a bad deal but how much does it cost to get an album filled with good songs? Additionally, this is just more and more of what I've been noticing about cashing in on collectors. How many "deluxe sets" did bands sell in 2001? Nowadays every album as a "super limited" $90 version of their album and for me that's just a bit excessive.

Holy fuck! Who the fuck is that man baby on the right?! Nightmare fuel.

As for the price, it's not a bad deal but how much does it cost to get an album filled with good songs? Additionally, this is just more and more of what I've been noticing about cashing in on collectors. How many "deluxe sets" did bands sell in 2001? Nowadays every album as a "super limited" $90 version of their album and for me that's just a bit excessive.

Agreed. It's one thing to have the "super deluxe" edition and make a standard edition available at the same time and let the collector choose, but only offering the deluxe and not mentioning whethere people will just be able to buy the damn record is becoming a more common and more annoying practice.

I wouldn't want any thing besides maybe the 9 track demo the more I think about it.

who the fuck is going to stand in their room like a jack ass and put some 3-d glasses on just to look at their poster

I would definitely need to hear this before spending ANY amount of money on it. After how much garbage was on their pretentious double-CD album last time, I've lost faith. They could have cut out so much bullshit and had a solid album, but filled it with a whole lot of terrible, boring songs. The fact that this is 2xLP (this is all I know about its length) already has me concerned that it's following in those same footsteps.

The fact that this is 2xLP (this is all I know about its length) already has me concerned that it's following in those same footsteps.

all i know about the length is that there are 13 tracks, not counting any bonus tracks if there are any. and if it's going to be a double LP it will obvioulsy clock in over 40 minutes.

Guest markovianprocess

You know I don't think this is terribly expensive for what you are getting. Over here I'll end up paying £20 for the 2xLP anyway, so what £10 for the t-shirt and £20 for a bunch of exclusive stuff? Hmm...I'm not a super fan, but this is a lot more reasonable than a lot of boxsets.

I think "Hate Everyone" is one of the best songs on the album, if that puts it into perspective. There's another really good song called "Less Cute" which I don't think has gotten out there yet.

I thought "Property" was pretty bad. That's probably my least-liked song on the record.