Best show you've ever been to

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question...loaded, but good...

I'd have to say that the best show was Nine Inch Nails w/ Helmet 11/13/95 @ The Edge in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. It was a small-club tour that was not being advertised. I had to get tickets at the venue instead of ticketmaster. Great damn show...small venue and I was right up front.

i've seen weezer like 5 or 6 times, none of which i would include in my all-time favorite shows, except for maybe the first.

sigur ros was a religious experience.

when my first band played with trial and bane at the same show, that was pretty incredible. it was right after it all comes down to this and are these our lives? came out.

i saw a death cab acoustic show with maybe 50 people.

seen too many to remember them all. every shinobu show is an occasion.

That's a really hard question, I can't pick just one, but some of the most memorable are:

The final Slapstick show at the Fireside Bowl in Chicago. I waited outside for hours in the cold and they were sloppy, but it was still crazy.

One of the final los crudos shows at fireside as well. The first and last time I ever saw them.

Far at the fallout shelter in Grand Rapids, MI on the Tin Cans with string to you tour. There were two other people there. They still rocked out.

Every single At the Drive-in show, I don't remember how many I've seen. Probably one of the best live bands ever.

My fondest memories because they'll never happen again:

1.) Pre-fame Goo Goo Dolls at the old Peabody's to a crowd of 100-200

2.) Afghan Whigs at the Odeon

3.) Alkaline Trio opening for HWM and playing to about 10 of us at Club Laga

4.) Ted Leo (tie between old Grog Shop and Brew House)

5.) Snapcase (any time, anywhere)

6.) Against Me!(some tiny place in Cleveland I can't remember)

ooo tough.

Seeing The Lifetime reunion show (the first ones) (loved ones and bouncing souls opened)

next night saw Kid Dynamite reunion (grey area, take my chances and voice in the wire opened)

Probably one of the million times I saw the Alkaline trio and no one had any idea who they were.

Obituary/ Agnostic Front / Cannibal Corpse / Malevolent Creation @ Bombers in Colo. Sprgs. in '94( or was it '95)

agnostic front played that show? that is fucking WEIRD.

Yeah I know....That's what I said. But when they were setting up, it was like all the punks and skins were coming out of the walls and the long haired guys were the minority. No fights or nothing....a good time tho.

When that show came....I had the choice of that or going to see the "Gods of Grind" tour. It had Napalm Death, Carcass, Cathedral and Brutal Truth. I really wish I could have seen Cathedral because that was in support of "Forest of Equilibrium" and that album is heavy as balls.

Epitaph Summer Nationals, Roxy, NYC, Sept. 3, 4, 5, 1997:

Day one: Bouncing Souls, Dwarves, Voodoo Glow Skulls, Slackers, Pietasters, Gas Huffer

Day two: Pennywise, H2O, Down By Law, Wayne Kramer, Ten Foot Pole, The Joykiller, The Humpers, Union 13

Day three: NOFX, New Bomb Turks, US Bombs, Gadjits, Red Aunts, Pulley, Hepcat

Tied with a show December 1996 in Asbury Park, NJ: Descendents, Swingin's Utters, Suicide Machines, Bouncing Souls and more (I think)

i bet they were. i met a dude once that told me he had seen at the gates like 10 times or something like that, i almost made out with him.

The death metal band I have seen the most is prolly Cannibal Corpse.

5 Times.

I usually went to see their openers (Unleashed, Broken Hope, Gorguts, Athiest).

Yeah... I have seen a ton of Death Metal. The only other band I have seen more than that is The Queers at 6 times.

Off the top of my head....

Avail / American Nightmare / Hot Rod Circuit '02?? Richmond Va. Alley Katz. Drove 14 hours to hang out with my old friends from Va. That night they took the photos for the back cover of "Front Porch Stories" Myself and one of my friends ended up on the cover and liner notes. Come to think of it every avail show I went to in rva was some of the best times I've ever had.

the two i have the fondest memories are:

~ alkaline trio/lawrence arms last year on their ridiculously named tour where they played all of goddamnit. just because it'd been years and years since i'd seen the trio, i'd never seen the arms, and they're both in my top five to ten favourite bands ever. plus it was a pretty small venue for where the band is at these days, a really unique room and a fucking rabid audience. it was unbelievable.

~ seeing the weakerthans a while back with the constantines was incredible. both made up of really unassuming dudes that turn into absolute lions on stage.

~ back in 1998 or 1999 i saw a fat package tour that had strung out and no use for a name on the same bill in an oversold room and the crowd was so primed it was ridiculous. so unbelievable.

the best SET i've ever seen was a wilhelm scream last week. their song "the horse" is probably the best song i've heard this year.

Gainesville - plea for peace tour - Thrice, strike anywhere, mike park, cave in, hot water music and matt skiba acoustic. - about 5 years ago

Bad Religion w/ Snfu - 1994

Nofx w/ bouncing Souls - 1995ish?

At The drive in w/ jimmy eat world

Down by law, good riddance, millencolin - there was a small riot at the end of the show, cops in "riot gear" showed up because there was some skindhead brawl out front. lot cops swining sticks and a lot of flying garbage cans... I think i was 15.

oh and i grew up outside Tampa Florida, and the SPOT (skate park of tampa) threw bday bashes every summer. and one year Avail, Hot Water Music and Radon all played atop one of the ramps in the corner. It was insane and it helped that the SPOT had 10 free kegs.

and any of the HWM shows in this old stinky pool hall.

Off the top of my head....

Avail / American Nightmare / Hot Rod Circuit '02?? Richmond Va. Alley Katz. Drove 14 hours to hang out with my old friends from Va. That night they took the photos for the back cover of "Front Porch Stories" Myself and one of my friends ended up on the cover and liner notes. Come to think of it every avail show I went to in rva was some of the best times I've ever had.

Seeing Avail in Richmond always felt special...like seeing Fugazi in D.C.--they had such strong lyrical and emotional ties to their cities and it really showed when they played.

I've seen Avail at least ten times (including the show at the king's head inn that old glory released as a 10") and they were never anything short of fantastic. Those dudes truly loved making music.

oooh, the hot water music/bouncing souls "true bromance" tour of 2001! not a huge souls fan, but that hwm set was the most incredible thing i've ever experienced. the greatest thing in the world is having chuck ragan spitting in your face for an hour. it was the second and last time i saw them and the sheer beauty of their rock moved me to tears. seriously -- i teared up several time. god i love that band.