Best show you've ever been to

Guest conoley
oh FUCK, i totally forgot about choke (my favourite canadian band of all time), small brown bike, and moneen playing during the "there's a story to this morale" tour. choke in a 300 person club when they're killing it is unprecedented rock awesomeness. the first time i ever heard "fallout leader" was that show, complete with an extended five-minute intro that was completely hypnotic and entrancing. wow that was something. my first and last small brown bike show too.

Dude - that was an awesome tour!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its hard to say.

i have bands i like a lot live.

this consists of bright eyes.

you can give me shit for it but i love him live.

and brand new.

shows im ending up at seem to be falling apart. kids are acting really dumb. fights are breaking out becase people are trying to be tougher than the next. and i just cant seem to have fun anymore.

thats why i enjoy bright eyes, i like sitting in seats.

oh FUCK, i totally forgot about choke (my favourite canadian band of all time), small brown bike, and moneen playing during the "there's a story to this morale" tour. choke in a 300 person club when they're killing it is unprecedented rock awesomeness. the first time i ever heard "fallout leader" was that show, complete with an extended five-minute intro that was completely hypnotic and entrancing. wow that was something. my first and last small brown bike show too.

Dude - that was an awesome tour!

one of the best ever.

i just saw Avenged Sevenfold last thurday.my best friend is organizer and he lost almost 3,000 usd but his co-sponsor is okay.their performance is good but the sound is slightly crap.

I saw them pre-"City of Evil" and they were 1000 times better than after it. Same goes for the crowd [a group of approx. 50 18-25 year olds there for the music vs. 300 pre-teen girls screaming at M. Shadows the whole time]

Pearl Jam + Murder City Devils @ Reunion Arena - Dallas (1998)

At The Drive In + Murder City Devils @ Trees - Dallas (2001)

Saves The Day @ Fitzgerald's - Houston (2000)

These Arms Are Snakes @ SXSW - Austin (2007)

Other than that, The Get Up Kids and The Anniversary were always good (especially together).

Not sure I can pick just one. Some ones that stand out are:

Saves The Day/Circa Survive/Moneen/Down To Earth Approach at El Corazon in Seattle spring 06. I left completly stunned.

Gatsbys American Dream/Bear Vs Shark/Circa Survive/The Fall Of Troy at El Corazon in Seattle sometime in 04.

New Found Glory/Reggie and The Full Effect/Eisley at El Corazon in Seattle in 05. Place was packed and everyone was going fucking nuts. I got to scream along with Chad durring Singled Out. Amazing.

Brand New/Senses Fail/The Beautiful Mistake/Moneen at Slim's in San Francisco in 03. The first time I got to see a show at a smaller sized club.

The Blood Brothers/Against Me!/True North at Neumo's in Seattle. The first time seeing both bands and the first show i went to after moving to Seattle.

Gatsbys American Dream/Bear Vs Shark/Circa Survive/The Fall Of Troy at El Corazon in Seattle sometime in 04.

Now that's a hell of a show. I've seen all those bands many times but never together (well, I did see BVS and TFOT on the same show once opening for Fear Before, but still).

Gatsbys need to get their shit together and fast. They have played two shows since their last record came out one year ago.

Now that's a hell of a show. I've seen all those bands many times but never together (well, I did see BVS and TFOT on the same show once opening for Fear Before, but still).

Gatsbys need to get their shit together and fast. They have played two shows since their last record came out one year ago.

Yeah it was amazing. Before any of those bands were really that big either. TFOT jumped on for just that show. I wish Gatsbys would start playing again. At this point it might be safe to say that they are dead though.

Saves The Day/Circa Survive/Moneen/Down To Earth Approach at El Corazon in Seattle spring 06. I left completly stunned.

New Found Glory/Reggie and The Full Effect/Eisley at El Corazon in Seattle in 05. Place was packed and everyone was going fucking nuts. I got to scream along with Chad durring Singled Out. Amazing.

Brand New/Senses Fail/The Beautiful Mistake/Moneen at Slim's in San Francisco in 03. The first time I got to see a show at a smaller sized club.

The Blood Brothers/Against Me!/True North at Neumo's in Seattle. The first time seeing both bands and the first show i went to after moving to Seattle.

Haha, I sold merch for Eisley on that NFG tour. And I was the dude playing guitar in Chad's place on Singled Out. Good times.

Guest scriptedrain

Haha, I sold merch for Eisley on that NFG tour. And I was the dude playing guitar in Chad's place on Singled Out. Good times.

Did you play in Grand Forks, ND?

- Jeff

that's rad dude. So tell me something. I know he doesn't look like it but is Chad a body builder? haha After the screaming part he grabed me by one leg and the back of my neck and threw me into the crowd like I weighed nothing and at the time I was about 190ish.

Guest scriptedrain

A dude with a beard... that narrows it down. ;) I was just wondering because, living in ND, I never hear about any shows that happen here between board members, so this would be a first where I know me and another board member were at the same show. I actually went by myself (hour drive each way) to see NFG and Reggie and walked away an Eisley fan.

- Jeff

A dude with a beard... that narrows it down. ;) I was just wondering because, living in ND, I never hear about any shows that happen here between board members, so this would be a first where I know me and another board member were at the same show. I actually went by myself (hour drive each way) to see NFG and Reggie and walked away an Eisley fan.

- Jeff

Haha, well I meant specifically behind the merch table. I think I remember that place, actually. Was it a big arena-type place in the middle of nowhere?

Guest scriptedrain

- Jeff

Haha, well I meant specifically behind the merch table. I think I remember that place, actually. Was it a big arena-type place in the middle of nowhere?

Yeah, the Alerus Center. I never did understand why the tour went to Grand Forks and not Fargo. We have better facilities and more people. That show was the one exception I made to go there.

- Jeff

my favorites were any of the hundred times I saw Kill Your Idols, Kid Dynamite, Ensign and Grey Area played together... ah the good old days

My 25th birthday was an awesome show.. Bouncing Souls, Hot Water Music, Grey Area and the Loved Ones ( it was their 1st show). Grey Area cover Birthday by Token Entry and Ernie flew over the barricade into the crowd for the sing along and landed right on me.. such a good show