David Cross - I Drink For a Reason

rtw88

I finished reading it the other day. He is a very angry man. Parts of it are funny, parts are weird fictional stories about his life, and a lot of parts is just him bitching about something. Strangely there isn't that much stuff about republicans or the government. It's mostly attacks on organized religion. I'm seeing him here in Dallas Friday. I hope he does more than just read parts of it since I'm already done with it.

I just saw him last week, its all standup. I don't know if any is from the book because I didnt get it/havent read it, but all he did was his standup routine, and it was hilarious. He actually didnt even mention he had a book for sale on stage, and him making fun of hecklers is so good. he might be one of the quickest comeback comedians i've seen.

David was really in top form last night. One of the best comedy shows I've ever seen. Of course since it's TX OU weekend here the crowd was full of obnoxious assholes that kept screaming shit at him, but he was great at ridiculing them. Some wasted lady even called him Bob. He never mentioned the book, but 3 or 4 of the bits he did were straight from it. We waited around after the show to try to meet him and he was totally cool. He gave me and my friends beer and talked to us about Arrested Development and Mr. Show.

Guest kissthesharks
David was really in top form last night. One of the best comedy shows I've ever seen. Of course since it's TX OU weekend here the crowd was full of obnoxious assholes that kept screaming shit at him, but he was great at ridiculing them. Some wasted lady even called him Bob. He never mentioned the book, but 3 or 4 of the bits he did were straight from it. We waited around after the show to try to meet him and he was totally cool. He gave me and my friends beer and talked to us about Arrested Development and Mr. Show.

My bff Aaron was there, and he told me David called Bob's voicemail.

David Cross cracks me up. I wonder if the book exists in audiobook form, read by him. I'd listen to that.

It most certainly does! I listened to it on my commute to/from my commute to school for about two weeks. The best part is that he makes fun of people who buy audiobooks rather than books quite a few times in it.

My girlfriend got me this book for my birthday, and I got her tickets to see him at the start of this month in Toronto. The show was really great I thought. The only thing that sucked was the show sold out so fast he added another one after that started at 10 so at one point the stage manager told him he only had like fifteen min. left and he made a comment about having more stuff to do that he didn't have time for. Kinda sucks but it was still well worth the money.