Post your desktop

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

i find half of that dude's work really really really boring (this photo included) and the other half just really really really interesting

....i have nothing to actually add to this thread....sorry

I totally get that. I just really love the process he goes through to create a single picture. I got to see an exhibit of his at the art museum a few years ago, his prints are huge and flawless. http://www.aperture.org/crewdson/ has a really nice q&a section with him.

i find half of that dude's work really really really boring (this photo included) and the other half just really really really interesting

....i have nothing to actually add to this thread....sorry

I totally get that. I just really love the process he goes through to create a single picture. I got to see an exhibit of his at the art museum a few years ago, his prints are huge and flawless. http://www.aperture.org/crewdson/ has a really nice q&a section with him.

I don't get the whole super-art thing....where spending asinine amounts of time and money magically makes an incredibly boring/unmoving image or print "art" because of an artists process. also seems cheap getting celebrities involved in the images....which I'm sure is part of the whole deal he does....you have certain emotions/memories associated with that particular celebrity by gossip magazines or their portrayals of whichever character in whichever movie and that's part of the deal....meh....maybe I'm just too dumb to get it. I enjoy some of the dude's images a lot. Many of them, I just find boring as hell....and seems like the guy wasted a ton of money on them. Oh art, why you gotta be so godamn subjective.

I don't get the whole super-art thing....where spending asinine amounts of time and money magically makes an incredibly boring/unmoving image or print "art" because of an artists process. also seems cheap getting celebrities involved in the images....which I'm sure is part of the whole deal he does....you have certain emotions/memories associated with that particular celebrity by gossip magazines or their portrayals of whichever character in whichever movie and that's part of the deal....meh....maybe I'm just too dumb to get it. I enjoy some of the dude's images a lot. Many of them, I just find boring as hell....and seems like the guy wasted a ton of money on them. Oh art, why you gotta be so godamn subjective.

I don't think I've seen any of his work with any celebrities in it. I just found a book of his 7 or 8 years ago at a book shop and it struck me as neat,

• 2 weeks later...