Anyone collect sports cards?

Sold my collection on ebay in '06. The prices I got were rather lackluster. The only cards that really sold well for me were my Steelers cards because it was right after they won Super Bowl XL. My Bettis cards especially went high.

also, best quote regarding sports cards...

"I understand why young boys collect baseball cards. They are photos of their heroes. On the other hand, when adults collect baseball cards, they are not collecting photos of their heroes. They are collecting pictures of MEN."

-George Carlin

Once when I was probably 10 I was at Target picking out some packs to buy and there was this older dude there with a tiny little postage scale weighing the packs of the cards. He'd find out what they normally weigh, and if it was different he'd know there was a rare card in there. Dude was a genius, and he also hooked me up.

I got a Michael Jordan rookie card .... for baseball. but it was some super rare version of it and when I got it in the pack, it was worth something like $120 - $150 bucks. No clue what it would be worth today... are there any free online price guides? maybe i'll go home and find them...

I also have a paul molitor rookie card, he's my favorite baseball player, I have pretty much every card of his from 1978 - 1993 or 1994. crazy huge book of his cards, and there are some that I have like 18 copies of... from the mid 80's (86 - 89) when the super shitty card companies put out like 60 billion of every player (was it Donrus?!)... either way, I think i gotta find that book and look through it.

Speaking of hockey cards, here is a short story about my most disappointing experience involving sports cards...

My grandparents live in Ontario, so every summer my family would go up to visit them. One summer when we went there I noticed that a new card shop opened up in town. I don't remember exactly what age I was, but I was way into cards at the time. So needless to say, I was stoked! I couldn't wait to see what cards awaited me inside. We finally went to the store and all the guy had was hockey cards. I don't give a shit about hockey and never have. I was one bummed out little kid.