Fest 9

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red City Radio were good.

Iron Chic were great -- crowd was nutso for them, too.

Dear Landlord came out as ICP and had a guy spray Faygo into the crowd. It was fun.

Touche Amore blew me away.

La Dispute were good but I've seen them better.

Good Luck were super fun and had a HUGE crowd. I ended up in the pit getting moshed by Warren Oakes.

Banner Pilot were boring.

The Flatliners were good but their crowd reaction was great.

Teenage Bottlerocket were awesome.

Worn In Red were good.

Paint It Black were PHENOMENAL. Like, holy shit. Wow. I'd venture to say that was the best set I'd ever seen them play.

The one song I caught of Bridge And Tunnel sounded good (I missed all the hardcore covers though).

Young Livers' set was weirdly disjointed, but they sounded massive.

I watched one-and-a-half Army Of Ponch songs before bailing—I was really underwhelmed.

Me First & The Gimmes Gimmes were a blast as usual. Lots of funny one-liners from Spike and Mike.

went to the no idea garage sale and picked up the hot water Music 4 7", and a few other records. overall good morning. had leonardos and was able to obtain a jawbreaker "when it rains it pours" parody shirt that i had been wanting for 2 years.

Saturday Shows: Mouthbreather/The Catalyst/Flatliners/Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies/Young Livers/Teenage Bottlerocket/Paint it Black.

good times with everyone so far.

All Teeth/ Pianos Become the Teeth/ Make Do and Mend/ Defeater/ PAINT IT BLACK Warehouse show was fucking amazing. Bummed it got broken up before La Dispute and Touche Amore could play.

I got there a few songs before the end of PIB's set, and left a little after the next band started. As I was leaving I saw the cop car pull in and thought "Only one cop....what a brave soul."

I got some decent recordings with my Zoom H2 of: Paint It Black, The Arteries, The Underground Railroad To Candyland, Municipal Waste, and all of Teenage Bottlerocket's set, as well as some Torche, Soviettes, Dead To Me, Young Livers, The Flatliners, and Too Many Daves. Looking forward to the Underground Railroad To Candyland today. Edit: URTC delivered as usual. ;D

If anybody picked up the IHM/THT split /50 and the Shores LP from No Idea at Fest, and are willing to sell/trade, let me know!!!

I picked up the Fest edition of the Shores LP and mine was numbered 1/70 (and I got it around 1pm, an hour before the BBQ ended)—I doubt it was a very hot seller, and I wouldn't be surprised if the remainder end up on noidearecords.com.

Also, the HWM Live #4 was limited to one per person because they only had 100, I think, but they said more are coming in shortly and will be available online soon.