Modern Warfare 2

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i still have yet to go beyond a 15 or 16 kill streak. hoping for a 25 soon so i can launch the nuke.

have the chopper gunner as one of your killstreaks.

that's 11 kills right there, and getting 14 with a chopper gunner is a joke as long as you're on the right maps, unless it gets shot down.

I haven't gotten terribly far in the Campaign, I haven't even tried Spec Ops, but I'm getting better in multiplayer. I don't know if there's an official stat for it (probably) but I used to get 1 or 2 kills a round and die 14 times. I'm now evening out and actually impacting the game somewhat.

Finally broke and bought the MW2 version of Xbox. First... that thing is loud as shit! I've never heard a new piece of electronics make so much noise.

Second, I was buying the first Assassin's Creed with it and the cashier gave it to me for free for some reason.

Third, MW2 is fuckin' nuts. I need to get a 50 foot ethernet cable so I can internet and multiplay but I know I'm going to suck.

I know it is another $100, but you should really just snag up the wireless adapter if you have wi-fi in your pad. That way, you can, technically, take it anywhere and play it (friend's houses, parties, etc.) without having to lug around a 50ft cable. Playing against cats around the country/world "through the air" trips me out.

I'm kind of wary of the wi-fi though. I feel like it adds an extra element of instability in the connection that can be messed up somehow, but maybe I'm just paranoid.

I have the cord going around my couch. I don't really know how much lugging around of my system I'll be doing anyway. My friends don't have an HD tv or anything, so fuck'em, they can come here if we want to play.

I was supposed to teach today but we had this ridiculous wind/snowstorm that shut all the districts down, so I've been playing online since 10am. My eyes hurt.

All I can think of is that one episode of It's Always Sunny when Charlie and Mac set up the video games in the bar and Charlie goes "..gonna play video games til my eyes bleed..."

I'm kind of wary of the wi-fi though. I feel like it adds an extra element of instability in the connection that can be messed up somehow, but maybe I'm just paranoid.

I have the cord going around my couch. I don't really know how much lugging around of my system I'll be doing anyway. My friends don't have an HD tv or anything, so fuck'em, they can come here if we want to play.

I was supposed to teach today but we had this ridiculous wind/snowstorm that shut all the districts down, so I've been playing online since 10am. My eyes hurt.

All I can think of is that one episode of It's Always Sunny when Charlie and Mac set up the video games in the bar and Charlie goes "..gonna play video games til my eyes bleed..."

Yeah, the wi-fi is essentially just another potential issue, but I figured I would just throw it out there. I didn't really have another choice if I wanted to play on XBL though. I personally think the thing is waaaaaaaay over-priced and should be the same price as a normal wireless-n usb adapter...$30-$40.

Guest eriathomas
My Veteran Spec Ops as it stands after 3 days:

Alpha (5/5)

Bravo (5/5)

Charlie (5/5)

Delta (5/5)

Echo (3/3)

Done! Now to finish campaign.

What was your strategy for High Explosive? I can get down to like 4-5 Juggernauts, but once they come like 3 at a time I get fucked even if I run.

Ok, I don't remember the exact location, but there's a room where you can go in and it only has one entrance. Have one guy go in and lay prone behind the dresser and have the other guy stand in the doorway. The juggernauts will come and shoot you (guy in the doorway) down, unload your entire pistol, then have the other guy revive you. Repeat.

The juggernaut cannot walk through the guy in the doorway, even when downed, so as long as the second player lays prone behind the dresser, he can't be shot. Make sure the guy in the door checks his position and doesn't get too far back as sometimes in combat he gets pushed back a bit.

Hope I explained that clearly.

Guest eriathomas
Nah, that one was easy. It's the one where you have to kill 10 Juggernauts with only explosives and a knife.

Holy shit! Only knives and explosives?!?!?

Yeah it's crazy, it's in the Favela (spell?) and all you have are; Thumpers, RPGs, Claymores, Flash Bangs, and Plastic Explosives. And the knife of course.

Guest eriathomas
Ok, I don't remember the exact location, but there's a room where you can go in and it only has one entrance. Have one guy go in and lay prone behind the dresser and have the other guy stand in the doorway. The juggernauts will come and shoot you (guy in the doorway) down, unload your entire pistol, then have the other guy revive you. Repeat.

The juggernaut cannot walk through the guy in the doorway, even when downed, so as long as the second player lays prone behind the dresser, he can't be shot. Make sure the guy in the door checks his position and doesn't get too far back as sometimes in combat he gets pushed back a bit.

Hope I explained that clearly.

Oh, you used that exploit. I plan on doing that if I can't beat it legit.