Weasel/Riverdales off Asian Man, onto Recess

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone see this??

"I don’t know. You’d have to ask their (Asian Man) employees who seem to relish in running around the internet spreading rumours about it - total fucking bullshit by the way. The only thing I’m going to say about it is that there were some severe personality clashes and if I ever had any fucking doubt whatsoever about leaving that label, those doubts would’ve been erased completely by watching the reaction of the people at that label once we left. Because it didn’t take a hot minute before their employees were running around the internet fucking flinging the shit and I’m not going to do the same. I won’t do it. I’m not going to say anything more about it than that. But all I’ll say is I’m not going to work with those type of human fucking beings; and that’s all I have to say about that.

Read more: http://www.punknews.org/article/36514#ixzz0bD3zKyfx

Anyone see this??

"I don’t know. You’d have to ask their (Asian Man) employees who seem to relish in running around the internet spreading rumours about it - total fucking bullshit by the way. The only thing I’m going to say about it is that there were some severe personality clashes and if I ever had any fucking doubt whatsoever about leaving that label, those doubts would’ve been erased completely by watching the reaction of the people at that label once we left. Because it didn’t take a hot minute before their employees were running around the internet fucking flinging the shit and I’m not going to do the same. I won’t do it. I’m not going to say anything more about it than that. But all I’ll say is I’m not going to work with those type of human fucking beings; and that’s all I have to say about that.

Read more: http://www.punknews.org/article/36514#ixzz0bD3zKyfx

Yeah, quite a statement. Really I didn't read the whole thing but I'd be hard pressed to recall anything that warranted a line like, "But all I’ll say is I’m not going to work with those type of human fucking beings." Did someone kick his puppy too?

I don't know if someone who has left 4-5 labels (at least) due to creative differences has a leg to stand on.

Eh, I believe Weasel fans have come to terms with the fact that if you like Ben's music you have to ignore his personality. That's fine, you don't have to like a guy to like his music.

This. Part of the "issue", I think, arises from people having half of the story, which makes it easier to say "Ben Weasel, he's an asshole....he's a jerk...I just hate him cuz he don't have to work." It's like they are just looking to justify their opinion/hopes that he is a jerk, and believing half of a story is a really easy way to do so. Not attacking anyone, just offering my take.

Yeah, quite a statement. Really I didn't read the whole thing but I'd be hard pressed to recall anything that warranted a line like, "But all I’ll say is I’m not going to work with those type of human fucking beings." Did someone kick his puppy too?

Well, FTW was talking out of school about this in another thread (maybe this one too, I don't really feel like looking). Pretty lame business practice if you're acting as a representative of the label.

I'm going to the Philly shows.

I am kinda debating trying to get out to the Philly shows myself...need money though...arrrrrgghh....

If you end up going, let me know. My wife and I and a couple of friends are heading down. I think our friends are staying with family, my wife and I are making a weekend out of it and booking a hotel.

I just looked up the airfare and it actually is not too bad...$189 initially for the round trip (arrive Friday afternoon, leave before noon on Sunday), which will probably come out to nearly $250 after tax and fees. Financial aid should cover that. I guess I should get myself tickets first, just to have that taken care of.

Maybe I can crash on a fellow VCer's floor or something to save a few bucks...hmmmmmm.....