Chuck Ragan/Anderson Family 9" For Sale!

So I got two copies of this today and they both have this weird ticking sound under the music. I played a couple other records and they both sound fine, play either one of these and it's back to the ticking/crackle sound. Can anyone else play a copy and let me know what you think.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, that stinks to hear! I'm halfway through the first side of my clear with the green blob in the center and I'm not hearing any weird ticking... However, I live in an apartment and it's about 10pm here, so I'm forced to listen at a pretty low volume. I might be able to pick up something tomorrow when I listen to it at a proper volume...

bah, I asked if they still have that one the night before in Cologne and they merch guy said no. Plus he gave me an M size shirt instead of L.

I think he's the most unfriendly guy behind a merch table i've ever met!!!

Had problems with him at the FZW opening in dortmund with the hafenkneipe LP and this time in wiesbaden i wanted to buy 2 of the 9" splatter versions.

He gave me one splatter and another variant. so i asked him to give me a second splatter one and he didn't want to.

But there was a splatter laying on the table so we just changed it and finally had to splatter copys.

Don't like him!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
I take it they're your auctions?

how do you figure?! just saw them and i read the board... thought i would let some folks know since i know how hard it was to get these records... shit...

It was a combination of the exclamation marks, words of choice, timing, and the bumping of a 6 month old friend.

Of course, I really don't care whose auctions they are; I just figured I'd ask.

bah, I asked if they still have that one the night before in Cologne and they merch guy said no. Plus he gave me an M size shirt instead of L.

I think he's the most unfriendly guy behind a merch table i've ever met!!!

Had problems with him at the FZW opening in dortmund with the hafenkneipe LP and this time in wiesbaden i wanted to buy 2 of the 9" splatter versions.

He gave me one splatter and another variant. so i asked him to give me a second splatter one and he didn't want to.

But there was a splatter laying on the table so we just changed it and finally had to splatter copys.

Don't like him!

This is shitty. When I saw Chuck, Chris from The Flatliners was his merch guy (his girlfriends band, Cavaliers, were playing the same show), and he's one of the nicest dudes I know. He asked me probably 5 times which version of this record I wanted, but I just kept saying I didn't care and I'll take whichever one he grabs first.