ATTN Virgil: Thank you for free compilations!!

faith

Here's the deal. When I first joined the board when it was created, i tried listening to bands everyone were into. I thought hey sucked. So I've been pretty much ignoring everything that everyone gets stoked about.

I have downloaded the free comps that Virgil puts out but frankly never got around to listen to them. Well I just restored my iPod and decided to create a playlist for all albums i had but couldn't remember listening to, that I didn't like on first listen or that i knew I had never even listened to. I started by listening to some of Virgil's compilations.

OMFG!!!!!!!!! How did I miss all that great stuff? Fake Problems, Drag The River, Mike Hale, Tim Barry, Austin Lucas, Chad Price, In The Red, Sparta to name a few... WTF!

To Virgil: Thanks for putting out such great music. I definitely missed out on the awesomeness for being such a music snob, but no more! Thank you for sending me the Sparta album in my WHATEVER, I never would've given it a chance otherwise.

Sorry for being such a shithead sometimes guys. You all have great taste :)

..had to rant and say thanks, sorry for the longass post.

EDITED: I build a long Christmas want list for my girlfriend. You can be sure 90% of it links to the VC store. The rest links to ThinkGeek and Fat's website :)

thanks faith and everyone else. Inspired by a documentary on mixtapes in hip hop and the latest revival tour comp, I am gonna start putting out a monthly mix tape featuring SH artists and artists i just love centered around certain upcoming releases. Tim Barry's album will be coming out at the end of January and in about a week, I will be announcing our pressing 1,000 mix tapes that will be given away for free. We will just ask people to add it to their cart and by doing so, we will send 5 mix tapes to each person hoping they pass the extras onto friends. Cheapo comps turned me onto so many great bands and with music discovery being so different these days, comps have kind of died. i am so excited about the mix tapes, I can't wait to share them with you all.

thanks everyone for listening and being open to new artists.

"Not so quiet on the Western Front", an old comp, turned me on to alot of shit. I didn't listen to it for quite some time but like many things (like the first time I heard DTR) I was on a long drive going through every disc I had and came across it. Great idea bringing those comps back

Comps used to rule. Punk Sucks turned me onto so many awesome bands back in the mid-'90s.

PUNK SUCKS inspired my first release; I contacted Overlap because I loved their song on that comp. Too bad that label went downhill and the dude that runs it is a bad person

I still have a box of punk sucks cds in the warehouse