Finally got around to watching The Sopranos

I watched the whole series twice. It does dip in the middle...a little too "soap-opera", but what a great show overall. I was so nervous the last couple of episodes.

Glad to hear you started watching!

Try Six Feet Under next.

yea, six feet under is hands down a far better show. very well written and to date had one of the best and most original final episodes (not to mention the 4 before it) of all time (even up there compared to MASH). The series never dwindled and ended when it needed (on top).

I watched the whole series twice. It does dip in the middle...a little too "soap-opera", but what a great show overall. I was so nervous the last couple of episodes.

Glad to hear you started watching!

Try Six Feet Under next.

yea, six feet under is hands down a far better show. very well written and to date had one of the best and most original final episodes (not to mention the 4 before it) of all time (even up there compared to MASH). The series never dwindled and ended when it needed (on top).

It's not hyperbole to say that the final episode of SFU is one of the most powerful and memorable hours in the history of television.

It's not hyperbole to say that the final episode of SFU is one of the most powerful and memorable hours in the history of television.

i'm gonna totally agree with you on that. it was amazing.

• 6 years later...
7 hours ago, tellallyourfriends said:

Strange bump but relevant. I watched this series for the first time this spring. It was absolutely fantastic. 

Lol I was gonna start a topic but searched and saw this existed and posted in it. But yeah the show is so good. Half way through S6 Part 1 now. Ending of season 5 was flat out devastating. 

9 hours ago, chunkrock said:

I don't remember starting this thread but man this show was good. Season two dropped in quality a little bit but after that I was really hooked. I should rewatch it.

Seriously do rewatch it!

6 hours ago, Santa Bateman said:

Best show ever. The Wire is close but sopranos takes it. 

I completely agree. I think Sopranos and Breaking Bad are about the same level. For me they are tied for second greatest show ever. But The Wire is the greatest show of all time by a wide margin. Just the perfect show for 5 seasons.