Fucking hell (aka "Where's the Radiohead album?")

After about 8-10 spins of this in my iTunes (and subsequently giving it to four more people for free), I had a twinge of guilt and ordered the discbox (which is still available on inrainbows.com -- everything was just haywire yesterday with the release of the music). Oh, credit card, I can feel you melting in my hands...

I've never listened to a Radiohead album. My friend burned all of his copies for me a few years ago. Which one should I check out? I think I have all of them unless it came out in the last three years...

I was hooked on 'OK Computer' and 'The Bends'....those, in my jaded opinion, are good starting-off points.

I've never listened to a Radiohead album. My friend burned all of his copies for me a few years ago. Which one should I check out? I think I have all of them unless it came out in the last three years...

If you've never heard anything they've done start with the Bends, Pablo Honey, and OK Computer. If you're not a fan of OK Computer there's less of a chance you'll like Kid A or Amnesiac.

If you've never heard anything they've done start with the Bends, Pablo Honey, and OK Computer. If you're not a fan of OK Computer there's less of a chance you'll like Kid A or Amnesiac.

Agreed. Seconded. Concurred. Yeah! ;)

Guest scriptedrain

"Everything in Its Right Place" is the first Radiohead song I heard (except for "Creep", which I didn't know was by them). I then discovered the amazingness of Kid A.

- Jeff

Five songs are up on their myspace page (odd that you can't download them from there :) )

http://www.myspace.com/radioheadinrainbowsradiohead

So far what I heard is pretty good, a little too ambient for me right now. Are these songs indicative of the whole album?

Faust Arp

15 Step

Reckoner

Nude

All I Need

I wish I preordered the disc box, fuck, $80?

it's still available. For your $80 you get the double LP, the cd, an extra enhanced cd with more new songs, the download (if you did'nt already get it) lyric booklets and a hardback book of artwork.....doesn't sound too extortionate to me; plus it'll probably be worth more than you paid for it as soon as they do stop the pre order.