Andrew Jackson Jihad - Holiday In(n) Gainesville

flood

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O really? Nice. I'll check it out at the So-Cal shows comin' up

"Hopefully, by the time we hit the road we will have a new 7" split with our dear friends in The Gunshy. This record will be brought to you by the big brains behind the AJJ pillowcase, Silver Sprocket Bike Club."

If they do have these could someone grab one for me? My collection needs it

Fucked that up. Oops. Still, if someone wants to send me the upcoming split, I'll give you double the cost+shipping.

Ordered a copy on white. Was gonna order the 4 pack, then I remembered i popped out $50 on the fest press when the first one went up on eBay. Bid high because the seller (ahem, the label) said 'who knows when you'll be able to buy a fest press of this again?' and then posted two or three more over the next month. Aggravating.

Fucked that up. Oops. Still, if someone wants to send me the upcoming split, I'll give you double the cost+shipping.

Ordered a copy on white. Was gonna order the 4 pack, then I remembered i popped out $50 on the fest press when the first one went up on eBay. Bid high because the seller (ahem, the label) said 'who knows when you'll be able to buy a fest press of this again?' and then posted two or three more over the next month. Aggravating.

Did anyone tell you to buy that record? No. It was YOUR impatience that bid so high. Maybe flood didn't plan on putting anymore up, but when he sold one for $50 he realized it might be a good idea. Or maybe he just wanted to try to recoup his costs on this record. Have you ever plopped down thousands of dollars to make sure a record gets pressed? No? When you do, you'll realize there is no money to be made doing this shit. In fact, it's hard enough to break even on pressing costs. If a label can help recoup those costs by selling tests/special pressings at a higher price and the fans (YOU) are willing to pay that, then good for them. It helps get more great records pressed because it pulls the label out of debt, bit by bit. Don't kid yourself, flood didn't buy mountains of coke or pimp his ride with your $50; he helped pay off credit card debt or put that money towards a new record getting put out.

Look, dude. I'm all for supporting a label (and I have released a couple of things, so I know it is costly), but my post wasn't out of line. Flood is a nice dude, and I still ordered another copy. I wasn't calling him an asshole or anything, just said I was aggravated by the situation. This is an awesome record, and I don't regret having spent 50 on the fest press...calm down.

Flood, you need to put out the BTMI. I listened to it a few days ago and it sounds fun. I really wish people could have been there for that.

PS. I need to buy a test of this. I thought long and hard about it.. so i may be hitting you up for a test if you have anymore available. I don't know why i just didn't get one from you originally. Im a dolt.