• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest scriptedrain

On a PC with Windows:

1. Press Control + Print Screen

2. Open up MS Paint

3. Press Control + V

4. Save As...

5. Host it somewhere (I use Photobucket)

6. Without the space after [, type in [ img]address here[/img]

- Jeff

I would love to have job that :

1. Has macs in the office

2. Let you change the wallpaper...

3. Has internet access......

Good luck with the mac thing. I haven't really experienced many companies outside the creative industry that uses Macs, in fact with Linux coming up in the industry, macs are strating to be phased out. Hell we only have like 10 left in the company. Macs in general have one main issue to overcome before becoming the computer juggernaut we all would love it to be. They need to have amazing enterprise software/support. At this point Microsoft owns this segment and it is going to take an insane amount to get them to give up any market share for this.

You don't ever want to work for a company that won't let you alter the desktop of your computer. God know what else they will restrict you on.

Everyone has internet access in some form or another, it is again a matter of the company and what they will let you do/not do. It is slowly becoming a trend to give more access to employees, but there is heightened monitoring on the server end (everywhere you go is recorded and flagged if suspicious) and not to mention your boss may not like it if he/she sees you putzing around on the net for 5 of the 8 hours you are supposed to be working.

Good luck with the mac thing. I haven't really experienced many companies outside the creative industry that uses Macs, in fact with Linux coming up in the industry, macs are strating to be phased out. Hell we only have like 10 left in the company. Macs in general have one main issue to overcome before becoming the computer juggernaut we all would love it to be. They need to have amazing enterprise software/support. At this point Microsoft owns this segment and it is going to take an insane amount to get them to give up any market share for this.

You don't ever want to work for a company that won't let you alter the desktop of your computer. God know what else they will restrict you on.

Everyone has internet access in some form or another, it is again a matter of the company and what they will let you do/not do. It is slowly becoming a trend to give more access to employees, but there is heightened monitoring on the server end (everywhere you go is recorded and flagged if suspicious) and not to mention your boss may not like it if he/she sees you putzing around on the net for 5 of the 8 hours you are supposed to be working.

our old program director just recently convinced our company to get him a mac, now that he's full time web design and maintenance. first one they've ever bought.

Seriously the only sites anyone can access is the weather channel and mapquest. Everything else is blocked. Our computers are pretty much locked down you can't do anything with them and that includes saving on to any storage medium except the hard drive.

The mac thing would be nice, but not necessary....