What is your favorite craft beer?

For years I was always known as the friend who hated beer and drank copious amounts of vodka. Well not anymore... somewhere along the line my pallete changed and now I'm somewhat of a beer snob. What kind of brews do you guys get down with?

My #1 choice right now is the Columbus Brewing Company's IPA followed by Goose Island's IPA. If it wasn't already fairly obvious; I like some serious hops in my brew. I'm really looking forward to Bell's releasing their Hopslam in January!

Too many to choose from. I love so many different beers and it honestly depends on my mood. But my standbys are usually Victory and Harpoon beers or Rogue Dead Guy Ale. And if I'm feeling fancy and I have some extra money I am a sucker for Hitachino Nest Espresso Stout or Ginger Brew.

Too many to choose from. I love so many different beers and it honestly depends on my mood. But my standbys are usually Victory and Harpoon beers or Rogue Dead Guy Ale. And if I'm feeling fancy and I have some extra money I am a sucker for Hitachino Nest Espresso Stout or Ginger Brew.

that hitachino is a great beer but so damn pricey. you have excellent taste in beer for a girl, not to sound sexist but most females i know aren't to fond of anything fancy.

personally, i'm a fan of just about all things north coast. also a fan of great divide beers.

Dogfish Head and Stone make some unbelievable IPAs, the latter being incredibly strong and the former being rated one of the best in the US.

Agreed. I am also a fan of the Loose Cannon IPA, not sure who makes it, but it is a damn good and strong beer.

The brewery is Clipper City (it's a part of their Heavy Seas line.)

Lots of good brews listed in this thread. Makes me proud to work in a bar that currently has Oskar Blues' Dale's Pale Ale, Sone's Ruination IPA, and Victory Hop Devil IPA.

However, my personal favorite st the moment is Founder's Red's Rye P.A.

For years I was always known as the friend who hated beer and drank copious amounts of vodka. Well not anymore... somewhere along the line my pallete changed and now I'm somewhat of a beer snob. What kind of brews do you guys get down with?

My #1 choice right now is the Columbus Brewing Company's IPA followed by Goose Island's IPA. If it wasn't already fairly obvious; I like some serious hops in my brew. I'm really looking forward to Bell's releasing their Hopslam in January!

Are you from Columbus??

If you are you have to try a beer from the Cask at Barley's Smokehouse!!

Yeah and Hopslam is where it's at!!

Are you from Columbus??

If you are you have to try a beer from the Cask at Barley's Smokehouse!!

Yeah and Hopslam is where it's at!!

I live in New Albany which is right on the upper right hand edge of Columbus. I may have been to Barley's Smokehouse before but I'm not sure... they were at a micro-brew festival I went to in September but they actually ran out of beer before I was able to get a pint.

So many excellent suggestions... I'm going to have to make a list and just work my way down.

I ended up buying a mini-keg of Bell's Two Hearted Ale for NYE tonight. 2009 is going out with a bang!

My favorite currently is a home-brewed ginger ale.

we used 2 lbs of fresh ginger in a 5 gallon batch. turns out, most recipes call for 3-5 oz. The results are FANTASTIC. Strong fresh ginger flavor, spicy...yet not overwhelming. Crisp and refreshing!

[image]