Y'know what really grinds my gears?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mean to be a dick, but you've made a ton of threads lately that bug me for some reason. I wish you had <1000 posts so I wouldn't have to see all of them.

Having said that, I could care less.

Be a dick all you want, dude. Nobody's forcing you to read them. All my threads are pretty much the same anyway.

Also, people who say "umm" and "like." People who speak in this fashion are goddamned insufferable.

"Umm, I was like, wondering if umm, my brain doesn't, like, function correctly? And that's why I can't, like, umm, speak, ya know, coherently."

Oh, and "ya know."

I agree, but if you've gotten in the habit of saying 'um' it can be hard to break. People are so afraid of having pauses while they talk.

That is true. I suppose it takes practice. I notice what a lot of my "verbal crutches" are and I try to consciously eradicate them. I suppose most people don't notice or care for themselves though. It still makes life hell for me when I have to talk to kids and adults that can't say anything concisely when I'm in a hurry anyway. GRAAAH.

That is true. I suppose it takes practice. I notice what a lot of my "verbal crutches" are and I try to consciously eradicate them. I suppose most people don't notice or care for themselves though. It still makes life hell for me when I have to talk to kids and adults that can't say anything concisely when I'm in a hurry anyway. GRAAAH.

Um, I agree.

i read this thread from top to bottom for 3 times but i didn't get.

need help....

When you don't care at all about something, a popular expression to use is "I couldn't care less." However, most people mess it up and say "I could care less" because they're really really dumb and lame.. It is an annoying habit. And the rest of the thread is just funny and mostly Arrested Development related jokes. Hope that helps?