List your college classes

faith

And tell us why they rock or suck!

1. ENGL1110 -> College level english.. It's alright, pretty boring but I'll survive. It's sadly required to get my degree

2. SPCH1000 -> Speech/Communiation classes. Man it sucks, but my teacher is fun so it's not as bad.. Again, sadly required to get my degree

3. ITEC1100 -> Information Technology Concepts. We basically read a book about computers, basic stuff like Input/Output, the INTERNETS, etc. It's REALLY FUCKING EASY but yeah gotta take it. We have to do this portfolio thing where you need to do these exercices for each chapter and print them out. Stuff like flash cards and crossword puzzle. Lame, but kinda fun

4. ITEC1110 -> Information Technology Skills. OFFICE 2007 class.. Lots of very useful stuff, same teacher as the concepts class so we gotta do that portfolio bullshit too.

5. ITEC1150 -> Programming Logic & Design. Basically, we learn object-oriented programming through pseudocode and flowcharts. Man that's a horrible class... My teacher is confusing and confused, he refuses to answer questions that would take us ahead even though we don't understand. Basically you learn programmation without any references to any actual programming language so you have no idea what the hell you're learning. I'm one of those who need "THE BIG PICTURE" to understand. Really, that sucks so hard.

13 credits, just over full time.. Fun fun fun.

Share yours!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Introduction to Econometrics: It's really hard, but helpful for learning all the theory behind statistical methods. I had to learn calculus in one weekend just to do that week's homework assignment.

Political Science Methodology: its ok, and it is forcing to write a dissertation proposal

Minority Group Politics in the US: Its an interesting class, but I've already taken a similar class before and I find US politics to be pretty boring...

PHYS 197 Statistical/Thermal Physics - Is it the most boring class ever? It's close. The only thing that saves it is that the professor is completely insane. Too bad it's required.

PHYS 264 Spacetime & Black Holes - Really interesting, but just got really hard.

PHYS 291 Senior Thesis Lab - Not really a class. Just research.

GNDR 102 Problems in the Study of Sexuality - Thought this was going to be great, as every other gender studies class I've taken was great. Too bad this class is unfocused and awful.

Yay for schools on the quarter system and not having to take 6 classes at once.

I graduated college in 2003.

Me gradumacated than two.

I always hated my programming classes. My code was always fine, but the tests always killed me. I can't hand-write C++ code, I need a damn computer for it to make sense to me!

I did too. It took me almost a full year before I could pull that trick without issue.

My school did trimesters; I always liked that. Reduced courseloads per term definitely kept me sane.

I had the same kind of schedule but it just made it so by 8th week I understood what we did during 4th week. Pain in the arse.

EART 80C - Intro to Weather/Climate

AMST 80G - US Political Cultures

CLTE 80A - Social Justice and Community (my college's core class)

it's my first year in college, so i'm trying to get my GE's out of the way. my US Political cultures class is really cool. we're learning about the gay liberation/awakening/rights movement, and just finished the civil rights movement. but we'll probably go back to it.

unless you like learning.

Well, i dont need much micro biology and chemistry for my advertising degree. i enjoyed history and even some of my writing classes.

you cant honestly tell me you enjoyed every class you had during college

i would say i did, but not necessarily for the right reasons. i had a couple of boring ones, but i enjoyed them because my sister was also in them so i could sleep and get the notes from her afterwards.

Guest falloutcollapse

I'm taking AP Euro, so I guess that's kind of a college class. When will I ever need to know this information I learn, I have no clue.