Scott M. quit the board again?

amber, since you wren't around when this all happened, let me fill you in on something as well...

at first, scott LOVED the attention. as steven mentioned, he did joke about it plenty right after it happened, so everybody else took his cue and did the same. he started getting a little sensitive about the whole thing, though, because the jokes were spilling into every thread he posted in (and some threads he wasn't posting in, too) instead of just his self-created 'craigslist hooker thread.' if, by the way, you haven't read that thread, do yourself a favor and read it: http://vinylcollective.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30267

you've been a member of this board for not even 6 weeks and you have already learned something pretty profound, as you demonstrated earlier...

to me that kind of screams "attention whore" since they KNOW what kind of reaction they'll get. while it's good for a laugh, it just causes a lot of drama.

scott had been around for months and months by the time he made the craigslist thread. he knew exactly what he was doing. he knew exactly the reactions he would get. but that is neither here nor there. the point is, once the jokes started spilling into other threads, you could tell he was getting upset about it. it was clear he regretted his decision (maybe not the decision to do what he did, but at least the decision to tell everybody online) and told everybody enough was enough with the jokes.

it took a couple more days for people to get it out of their system, but for the most part everybody obliged and let it go. now here's the crazy part: for somebody who claimed to not want the spotlight anymore, scott did some pretty attention-whore-ish things. he bumped the thread a few weeks later saying he wanted to do it again. then, when the floodgates opened and everybody started joking about it again, he huffed and puffed and quit the boards "for good" because he was sick of it.

instead of just taking a little time off from the board, he took the drastic measure of deleting his account (which had just happened with somebody else a couple weeks earlier and everybody made a big deal about it because it was such an obvious cry for attention, as was ackowledged by scott, himself, in that thread). so scott deleted his account like a drama queen and came back not even one month later under a different name. he could have continued posting and nobody would have known any different, but HE STARTED JOKING ABOUT THE HOOKER(S) AGAIN.

everybody had dropped it. it wasn't a big deal anymore. but HE kept bringing it up. i understand that you're friends with him in real life, and i appreciate that you're trying to stick up for him. but honestly, you don't know the story behind it all because you just weren't here then. it's not your fault, that's just the way it is. and now you're only getting one (very skewed) side of the story because of course scott doesn't want to make himself look dumb when he's talking to you. so before you go around getting all self-righteous and calling people out for giving him shit, realize that he brought it on himself and when he'd realize he wasn't being talked about anymore, he'd bring it up again.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i guess really what it all boils down to is that you can't have your craigslist hooker pussy and eat it, too.

+ 1 !!!!

And yeah, how can you start a thread about ordering a hooker, then update the thread with details on what all went down, immediately use the "I was drunk" excuse, say you won't do it again because you're sweating about getting tested for an STD, THEN come back later and say you're thinking of doing it again, and not get people razzing you about it? Shit, I wish I had friends who did this sort of shit, because I seriously need some fresh material to give them a hard time about. I'm half willing to do it just so my friends can give me shit and we have a good story.

I'm half willing to do it just so my friends can give me shit and we have a good story.

yes...story...

Well, the sex, too. I just thought that went without saying. Plus, if you plan something like this out better, you can have one hell of a time with it. If you have the money to spend, it turns into, "What will this chick do for this twenty dollar bill?"

Well sure. If you have deep-seated misogyny and a genuine lack of compassion or empathy for another human being.

steven tangent : ruining your fun since 1982

Right... and I do, soooo... I'm still in on the game.

Also, it's 8 AM, I've barely slept for days, my city has been turned into Hoth, and I'm listening to the Monster Ballads set. You can't ruin that kind of fun.

man you guys really can be assholes sometimes. scott's a great guy and i feel like i should at least stick up for him here. he's taken a ton of shit off of everyone here for months so really wouldn't you quit? i guess you can't live down anything you put on the internet but if you guys fucked up once would you like to be reminded of that all the time? probably not...

anyways...my two cents. just because i actually know the guy and the backstory. smite on.

wheres the whambulance when you need it?

i realize that he did at times draw attention to himself for the whole craigslist debaucle, but i don't think it's right necessarily for you guys to pin the blame for him quitting solely on that. i was around for that and the aftermath (and more and more aftermath), but he's been down on his luck recently and maybe events in real life outside this board came into play here.

i'm not saying that's what happened, but sometimes when things in your life aren't going well, things that were once funny (i.e. the whole cl hooker thing) wind up just compounding your other problems and being a lot to handle and you may act rashly.

scotty's a really nice and genuine guy and has always done what he could to help cheer me up if i was bummed out. i don't always agree with everything he does or why he does it, but he deserves to have some kind words said about him.

i realize that he did at times draw attention to himself for the whole craigslist debaucle, but i don't think it's right necessarily for you guys to pin the blame for him quitting solely on that. i was around for that and the aftermath (and more and more aftermath), but he's been down on luck recently and maybe events in real life outside this board came into play here.

was that her name?

I have to agree w/ what Allison is saying.

There's times when we all take jabs at each other as was already mentioned, but there are times when things get out of control and completely disrepectful and just plain insulting the other person.

Yes, he made a mistake w/ the whole Craigslist thing back then. We all gave him shit for it. I mean, who wouldn't? But then time passed and it was done. Life went on. I am sure that after all that nonsense, Scott M. would've wanted to get past it as he realized that it was a mistake. We all have made mistakes and done stupid shit that gets us ridiculed.

I have had chances to speak w/ the guy on the phone and via texts. He is not exactly living the charmed and prosperous life that some others are around here. He has had his fair share of bad luck and shitty situations lately. We all have at some point or another, but it's how we handle it and deal with it that makes us individuals and human.

Did he overract with deleting the account after the whole CL incident got brought back to life and he got pounded on? Maybe. But you all don't know what else he has going on in his life right now that maybe that whole barrage of bullshit triggered him to react as he did.

Ever think that maybe, just maybe, the VC boards were one of his very few outlets to get away from the bullshit that life was handing him? We all joke that the "internet is serious business" but to some it may be.

We have all seen our fair share of internet "I quit the VC boards!" freakouts, but for some reason this one bothered me most b/c I have gotten to know Scott. He's a good guy and when I see others being downright cruel in their ridicule towards him, it does get me aggravated that people can be heartless at times.

Just putting in my two long-winded cents in.

I have to agree w/ what Allison is saying.

There's times when we all take jabs at each other as was already mentioned, but there are times when things get out of control and completely disrepectful and just plain insulting the other person.

Yes, he made a mistake w/ the whole Craigslist thing back then. We all gave him shit for it. I mean, who wouldn't? But then time passed and it was done. Life went on. I am sure that after all that nonsense, Scott M. would've wanted to get past it as he realized that it was a mistake. We all have made mistakes and done stupid shit that gets us ridiculed.

I have had chances to speak w/ the guy on the phone and via texts. He is not exactly living the charmed and prosperous life that some others are around here. He has had his fair share of bad luck and shitty situations lately. We all have at some point or another, but it's how we handle it and deal with it that makes us individuals and human.

Did he overract with deleting the account after the whole CL incident got brought back to life and he got pounded on? Maybe. But you all don't know what else he has going on in his life right now that maybe that whole barrage of bullshit triggered him to react as he did.

Ever think that maybe, just maybe, the VC boards were one of his very few outlets to get away from the bullshit that life was handing him? We all joke that the "internet is serious business" but to some it may be.

Just putting in my two long-winded cents in.

I agree completely with all of this.

I agree with Allison/ Juan/ Ric Snow to an extent. But I wish dude would have stuck around here and maybe reached out to a few of the people he felt like he connected with to help him get through said rough patch.

Well, some people have a hard time asking for help and reaching out to others. Even those they are close to and with. It may be a matter of pride or stubborness.

I agree completely with all of JWOW's post.

We have to remember, that while some may utilize the boards to get away from life's troubles, there are those out there that use them as a means to be a a malicious dick to people. Sucks when cool cats let those folks get to them.

Just to play the devil's advocate, but there are other members here who are dealing with a lot of shit in their lives as well. Yet we don't behave in this manor.

All in all I like Scott. When the first debacle went down (hur hur) and it was obvious there was an obvious cry for attention my opinion of him drastically changed and I lost a lot of respect for him. Upon his return he slowly gained my respect back again. Overall I'm just ambivalent to all of it. I really don't feel one way or the other.

Just to play the devil's advocate, but there are other members here who are dealing with a lot of shit in their lives as well. Yet we don't behave in this manor.

I agree w/ you 100% Nicole. Each person handles it and reacts differently. Some more dramatic than others. And we all know there have been a few other much more dramatic freakouts in the past.

The main thing is that he got pounded on for something that happened in the past which I am sure he realized was a mistake and had wanted to leave it behind. It got dredged up and he reacted as such.