HOT TOPIC CLEARANCE VINYL THREAD - UPDATED 12/6/11

Guest cewillm
is Hot Topic raking in the $$$$ even with the clearance prices from clearing out so much vinyl so fast?

Well keep in mind that all the vinyl is from Shockhound (which failed and was owned by HT) so the vinyl sales are damage control. It's just liquidating assets and at this point they'll still be coming out ahead even if each LP is 99 cents. Then again, judging from the huge haphazard clearance section of every Hot Topic, the company seems to thrive on letting shit sit around for eternity.

is Hot Topic raking in the $$$$ even with the clearance prices from clearing out so much vinyl so fast?

Well keep in mind that all the vinyl is from Shockhound (which failed and was owned by HT) so the vinyl sales are damage control. It's just liquidating assets and at this point they'll still be coming out ahead even if each LP is 99 cents. Then again, judging from the huge haphazard clearance section of every Hot Topic, the company seems to thrive on letting shit sit around for eternity.

We know what we're doing I assure you :)

Jealous... But why did it take you so long to get American Don and/or Don Cab 2? American Don is by far my favorite DC album.

I don't know. I have all the CD's. Just worked out that way. Not I need "For Respect" which I just missed an eBay auction for.

Amazon's got it for $12: http://www.amazon.com/RESPECT-Vinyl-DON-CABALLERO/dp/B0000019JX/ref=tmm_vnl_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1305844259&sr=1-7

Went to the store picked up a few things:

FBR/Decaydance 7" series thing for $5, the store had one other one both were in pretty bad packaging shape

OWTH -Desolation

Metallica - Load

Weezer - Hurley

Mayer Hawthorne - Strange Arrangement

They had plenty of other stuff on clearance just didnt want to spend a ton, also ordered a few things on the ship to store thing. Overall probably got about 10 records for like $50 pretty good deal.

I think somebody is pissed about all the clearance packing they have to do. The first batch I got was literally packaged the best I've ever seen. Individually wrapped in lp bubble wrap then secured with the brown paper tightly on both sides along with a piece of cardboard over the top and more brown paper to ensure that nothing was moving, but with this packing job I can't believe everything came to me in one piece:

[image]

[image]

Guest cewillm

I'm laffing over how the packaging quality has progressively decreased over the last couple days.

Individually-packed LPs -> bunch of LPs in a bubble mailer inside a box -> bunch of LPs inside a box with some paper wadding

So I never got an email but apparently it's double clearance right now. Picked up MTTS, Glassjaw at full price. Then Leatherface, AWS, and Strung out at double clearance and the girl there saw I had 2 HT+1 cards and combined them and pushed me over the 15% off so I got an extra 15% off on top.

Hey Travis, is there anywhere to put customer comments for HT? The sales reps around here are always awesome to me.