What records do you want to see pressed this year?

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Ness- Cheating At ...

pretty bummed to see this. i have a sealed copy, i'd like to hold onto it. but i had 5 copies from Time Bomb for like 10 years and i gave my excess to Vinyl Collective to either give away or personally keep (and they kept them!). REALLY wish i had another copy to give you :(

repressed:

any and all Moneen, start (re)pressing.

repress all the Hum records.

repress Brand New's first 2 albums.

The Good Life - Album Of The Year

i agree with:

Toadies - Hell Below/Stars Above!!!

Codeseven - The Rescue

Park - It Won't Snow Where You're Going (LOVE this record)

A Static Lullaby - ...And Don't Forget To Breathe

Glassjaw – Worship & Tribute (with Convectuoso or don't bother!!!!)

Gregory & The Hawk - ANYTHING. fucking rules.

Dead Poetic - New Medicines (i'd buy it!)

Weezer's Pinkerton deluxe vinyl edition with all the b-sides...

uhhh YES! i wish Weezer would realize how brilliant this album is and give it a top notch deluxe/expanded reissue.

Handsome - Handsome (this will always be at the top of my most wanted records list)

DREDG. Leitmotif, El Cielo, Catch Without Arms.

Jack Off Jill - Sexless Demons And Scars

Old Hickory - Other Eras...Such As Witchcraft

Northstar - Is This Thing Loaded?

Demon Hunter - Demon Hunter

Embodyment - The Narrow Scope Of Things

Underoath - The Changing Of Times

Stereotyperider - Prolonging The Inevitable

Fivespeed - Trade In Your Halo

Frausdots - Couture, Couture, Couture

etc etc. i forgot my old list from the old thread.

Weezer's Pinkerton deluxe vinyl edition with all the b-sides...

uhhh YES! i wish Weezer would realize how brilliant this album is and give it a top notch deluxe/expanded reissue.

Not gonna happen, at least, not by the band. They put the Deluxe Edition of the Red album out themselves and it was a huge money sink. Plus now they're off Geffen, and I doubt that P:DE is going to be a high priority for the label.

i could make a laundry list of things i'd want to see pressed. i would love to have every Midtown album pressed, but that will never happen because of Drive Thru. same goes for Gatsby's American Dream. I would love to see NFG's From The Screen To Your Stereo Pt. II pressed, Gratitude's/t album, Forgive Durden's Wonderland, some of the Hot Rod Circuit albums that haven't seen a daylight, especially their first album and an album i recently got back into, Acceptance's Phantoms.

Acceptance will never happen for multiple reasons, they're broken up and it's through Sony BMG and after the debacle that happened with the CD release, they all but want to wash their hands clean of this release and probably won't even license it out.

I don't know why DTR hasn't started pressing their back catalog.

But I agree on HRC, especially "Reality's Coming Through"

it seems like a logical move and an easy way to make money for Drive Thru, going through their catalog and pressing some of the more popular releases or even re-pressing some things. especially since they aren't releasing new music at all and it seems like they're dead in the water. Drive Thru's last release was in Otcober 2008 ands bands have been abandoning ship as quickly as they can. i can think of one word/name that is gumming up the works.

Not gonna happen, at least, not by the band. They put the Deluxe Edition of the Red album out themselves and it was a huge money sink. Plus now they're off Geffen, and I doubt that P:DE is going to be a high priority for the label.

google "pinkerton deluxe" then edit this post.

wow, when did they sneak this by me? not even on the Saddle Creek store front. didn't see a mention in any emails either. thanks! +1

google "pinkerton deluxe" then edit this post.

No, of course the cd's coming out. I was referring to a vinyl version. That will not be happening.

edit: I should, however, have specified that it was the Red Deluxe vinyl that the band self-released. Geffen/Interscope released the cd.

They put the Deluxe Edition of the Red album out themselves and it was a huge money sink.

yeah but that deluxe Red Album had really shitty distribution. it was available at like 5 places. i think one of the only physical places to buy it was Fingerprints in Long Beach.

Agreed. Didn't help that it retailed for $30, either. But hey, RTI ain't cheap. Karl had mentioned over on the atw board that the experience left them pretty hesitant about another Deluxe vinyl endeavor.

A few off the top of my head...

Deftones - Around the Fur

Kayo Dot - Choirs of the Eye

Glassjaw - Worship and Tribute

Dredg - Leitmotif

Dredg - El Cielo

Stabbing Westward - Darkest Days

Boris - Heavy Rocks

Bloodthirsty Butchers - Kocorono

Breed/Extinction - Alaska (a few test presses of this actually exist, but the band broke up before regular copies could be pressed...)

Armor for sleep - Dream to make believe

Format - Interventions/EPs

Cassino/Northstar

RX Bandits - Progress

Old Andrew Bird

- All Backed

Something Corporate - Leaving Through The Window w/ Konstantine

Impossibles/Slowreader

FATA - Too Bad/Fiction We Live

Elefant - Sunlight Makes Me Paranoid

Detachment Kit

Ambulance Ltd. - LP

Youth Group - Skeleton Jar

All-Time Quarterback

Ghosts & Vodka

Kaki King - Legs To Make Us Longer

Barsuk needs to get on that early death cab stuff too.