Marriage.

Insanely jealous. We hired a friend to shoot our wedding, and he fucked it up royally. Lost all the party pictures, showed up drunk, shot us from really awful angles that made us look like shit. I never thought I'd care but man it kind of breaks the heart a little bit not to have any decent pictures from your own wedding.

Substitute Uncle for friend and this could be my story.

It sucks.

We are planning another ceremony at our ten year mark. Trying to decide between Vegas or the mountains of North Carolina.

• 2 weeks later...
Congrats on your marriage.

And props to your church for letting black people into the priesthood in the 1970s. Too bad it still promotes bigotry against homosexuals.

Why would you even feel the need to say something like this? "Congratulations, but...you're a bigot." There's really no need to get nasty. Perhaps I can help you to understand what you so obviously do not.

In addition to being a member of the LDS church, I am also a professional hairstylist. And being employed in the hair industry, a lot of my closest friends and co-workers are homosexual. While I personally do not believe in the lifestyle, my beliefs in no way affect my relationships with my gay friends. In the very same way I do not believe in drinking alcohol, coffee, or tea, or abusing drugs. But I don't look down upon, nor do I have a bigoted view toward my friends that choose to partake in these things.

So please don't be a jerk and call me out on what I choose to believe in. I haven't called your personal beliefs or habits in to question.

man i really hate marriage. loving your wife is fucking gay

also... tea? fucking good god damn man. some asswipe claims to be given golden tablets by an angel which are written in a language that doesnt exist, which he doesnt let anyone else see, the contents of which under any level of scrutiny fall apart and are clearly revealed to be the patchwork handiwork of a 19th century american and the farthest thing from actual spiritual text this side of scientology and 200 years later you cant even fucking drink tea because of that?

Why would you even feel the need to say something like this? "Congratulations, but...you're a bigot." There's really no need to get nasty. Perhaps I can help you to understand what you so obviously do not.

In addition to being a member of the LDS church, I am also a professional hairstylist. And being employed in the hair industry, a lot of my closest friends and co-workers are homosexual. While I personally do not believe in the lifestyle, my beliefs in no way affect my relationships with my gay friends. In the very same way I do not believe in drinking alcohol, coffee, or tea, or abusing drugs. But I don't look down upon, nor do I have a bigoted view toward my friends that choose to partake in these things.

So please don't be a jerk and call me out on what I choose to believe in. I haven't called your personal beliefs or habits in to question.

Did you really just pull the "I have gay friends" card? Really?

You "don't believe in their lifestyle?" What does that even mean?

You belong to a church that actively works to deny human beings their civil rights. You are saying that is the same as not drinking? The Mormon Church's backing of Proposition 8 in California is absolutely disgusting.

In 20 years we will look back at the gay rights struggle and view the efforts of the Mormon Church the same way we view Bull Connor and Strom Thurmond now.

You belong to a church that actively works to deny human beings their civil rights. You are saying that is the same as not drinking? The Mormon Church's backing of Proposition 8 in California is absolutely disgusting.

In 20 years we will look back at the gay rights struggle and view the efforts of the Mormon Church the same way we view Bull Connor and Strom Thurmond now.

Mr. Mean: right as usual.

Although, I don't just hate the mormon church for backing Prop 8. I hate you if you are in favor of the measure in general.