Souther Lord Vinyl Subscription Series 2010

From SL:

With the apocalyptic death grunt of the compact disc bellowing in the distance we are proud to offer a epic vinyl assault upon the altar of your circular wax transmission apparatus. Speaking honestly the members of the Southern Lord coven find the vinyl version of an album to be the superior format. We pride ourselves with putting all of our blood and sweat into our vinyl releases. Our packaging is second to none and is merely a humble sacrifice to attempt to compliment the brilliant audio that the gods have allowed us to release. In order to better serve you the diehard warrior we are offering a subscription to forthcoming Southern Lord vinyl releases.

For a one time subscription fee you will receive continued mailings of high quality Southern Lord vinyl releases. The first mailing will go out upon receival of your order. First you will receive both the Black Cobra-"Chronomega" LP and Ascend-"Ample Fire Within". Shortly after we will mail out the Pelican- What We All Come To Need" 2xlp. Every 4-6 weeks you will receive a Southern Lord vinyl release until a total of 7 different vinyl releases have been received. All vinyl you will receive will be 180 gram colored vinyl with the color exclusive to this series. Also the majority of these releases will have exclusive songs that are not available on the cd or digital download version. Not to mention the incredible packaging. Also within the subscription series you will receive a exclusive lp slip-mat designed by well known artist.

Below you can see what you will receiving and the 7th and last vinyl will be a surprise! We have something MAJOR in mind for this and know you will be stoked!

Personally, it doesn't really seem worth 170+shipping. 7 records?

Very interesting. And tempting. However, with SL's mailorder track record, I would be a little worried about spending so much on this. I've been lucky with them over the years, but others haven't.

I also know that when your records from SL don't show up, the only way to get them to do anything is to file a Paypal dispute. And you won't be able to file anything with Paypal (after 45 days) when you've made only one big payment at the beginning of the year. Pretty sure a few people who did the Boris 3-month thing got screwed out of their last two records this way.

That said, I'm an idiot and will probably still buy into this.

the only problem i had with SL wasn't even their fault. I had just moved into my apartment and didnt have my name on the mail slot, so the record was returned. after a few emails they sent it right back out. i offered to pay the additional shipping since it was really my fault but they told me not to worry about it. i still back them.

i think a lot of the problems people have cause them to get pissy in their emails, and being all kvlt and shit they just screw you over if you do that. i certanly cant deny that a LOT of people have had mailorder troubles with them, though.