I did stand-up tonight

The history channel thing...I totally agree. One of my favorite parts is when the chick can't get your name right wtf haha how do you not know how to say cary!? She says Jake Cory, Jake Curry and just seems so confused about it....sorry I watched that part over like 3 times no lie shit made burst out with laughter.

As long as you had a good time, thats all that matters. I wouldn't be able to do it. Whats funny to me and my friends, most of the time isn't gonna be funny to the general public. My good friend Mike Feeney does stand up in the city all time. He was terrible at first, but is pretty good now. Stick with it, man!

like everyone else said you've got more balls just for doing it than the rest of us.

Work on the delivery and pacing. Kinda felt like you were rushing through your jokes which made the funny parts not come off as well as it could have.

Can you explain the first joke to me? I couldn't really hear what you were saying in the video.

the lesbian mom bit was pretty funny especially the strap on cock part.

Not into the smoking joke.

keep at it and show us more stuff when you've got it.

like everyone else said you've got more balls just for doing it than the rest of us.

Work on the delivery and pacing. Kinda felt like you were rushing through your jokes which made the funny parts not come off as well as it could have.

Can you explain the first joke to me? I couldn't really hear what you were saying in the video.

There's this maneuver you have to pull off with garage doors where you have to press the button, run to the sensor and then step over it that makes you feel ridiculous.

"Um" is definitely your space-saver. If you're going to continue this (which, keep at it) you need to work on that. Anyone who does anything in public speaking gets these things pointed out to you, so I figured, I'll be that dick. I know I got it from my cooperating teacher while student teaching.

A kid I used to be best friends with a long time ago does standup all the time.. actually, go to www.skunkpost.com if you're really bored.. he's all over that site. He was a funny kid forever, but apparently had a hard time doing standup at first and now he's pretty solid. It's all working on your delivery and timing, and there's no way to really practice it in a safe way. You're up there in front of people for all the tweaking and testing, so keep at it and don't get frustrated.

Or get really really drunk.

There's this maneuver you have to pull off with garage doors where you have to press the button, run to the sensor and then step over it that makes you feel ridiculous.

haha got it. I totaly use to do that when I lived at home.

Man I'll +1 you when I can because that crowd seemed rough and I would've been shitting bricks and in panic mode the whole time, yet you played it really cool.

I guess my suggestion would be to make your paper with your set a bit larger for yourself. It kinda ruined the flow when you would stop to pick it up and read over it, as oppose the fact if you sharpee'd on a regular piece of paper and kept it on the stool.

The gay bj and nascar jokes were funny. Keep it up!

Jake,

huge balls for doing that shit, man! Really cracked up for the Jeremy Mayfield meth/NASCAR jokes. Great gay jokes. Dykes with Mics killed me. Stand up takes a lot of practice and nerve, and I think you came out doing really well. Keep at it man. By the way, do you go to school at ISU? Do you know anyone at The Kitchen/that crowd? If you'll be down there next weekend, I'll catch you there.

Thanks all. It wasn't my first time, but it was my first time in about 7 months. And this was almost all new stuff, so all-in-all I was happy without how it went.

cpt: I actually haven't updated this. I am back in Brooklyn now. If you know Cole/ see a super stereotypical hipster kid with an ironic moustache that lives there tell him Jake says hi.

Thanks all. It wasn't my first time, but it was my first time in about 7 months. And this was almost all new stuff, so all-in-all I was happy without how it went.

cpt: I actually haven't updated this. I am back in Brooklyn now. If you know Cole/ see a super stereotypical hipster kid with an ironic moustache that lives there tell him Jake says hi.

It was good, and an improvement from other clips I've seen. You're getting more confidence which is awesome, as your "um's" were down a bit. Main things I see is you have kind of a nervous smile sometimes that seems like you're laughing at the joke before it's told, and it seems like you've got ideas to take each of those jokes further in your head. Don't know if you do or not, but if you think you do get a legal pad and write the bit out. All of it, every scrap you can think of. Look through that and take the bits that work and then rewrite it again on another piece of paper. I've been able to flesh out some of my stuff that way and it's helped me keep track of my material when I'm doing it.

Also something I've found has helped a lot is to run through my shit in front of the mirror before I go to the venue. You'll have to check your list less and your punchlines will be fresher in your mind.

Loved the bit about your mom, but it feels like the laugh line is calling out the lady's name in bed, so you might try not giving such a long pause after golf and fixing shit around the house. Something about the rhythm feels weird. All around I really dug it. :)