Thrice - Identity Crisis - Green Vinyl Available

matt

pretty lame there wasn't any warning about these going up. i missed out on the black after less than 30 minutes after i saw the post about them being up in the store. not fair to the people who have a life and didn't sit in front of the computer all day waiting for these to go up.

NOTE TO ALL RECORD LABELS: You MUST notify Duff of any impending pre-order launch times from here on out. It's only fair to him.

pretty lame there wasn't any warning about these going up. i missed out on the black after less than 30 minutes after i saw the post about them being up in the store. not fair to the people who have a life and didn't sit in front of the computer all day waiting for these to go up.

What kind of warning would you wanted to see that does not involve sitting in front of a computer? fireworks? a phonecall?

maybe you shouldnt have a life then?

i dont think it would have made much of a difference really. people would miss out either way.

It's always "not fair" to someone...whether it's the guy at work who can't lurk all day, or the guy who's sound asleep in Sweden, or the dude who's on his phone and the site isn't working properly.

I actually like the idea that the mailing list knew before everyone else. They took care of their repeat customers first. The rest of us just got lucky with the timing.

Do it to it. If someone's stupid enough to pre-flip a record, they deserve to have their order canceled. Lets the rarity / collector-value go to a fan who deserves it, and not some asshat looking to make a quick buck. It's probably not 100% "professional," per se, but I'd personally pull the trigger if I was in Matt's situation.