Record Store Day 2010 releases

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daddy Kool in St. Pete sent out the prices with their pre-order email.

Although, they sent out another email the next day saying they were not allowed to do pre-orders. I can post it if you want.

where are you guys getting prices? did your store list them?

Fuck, Daddy Kools is such a rip off. i went their when i was in tampa 2 weeks ago and their prices are so fucking expensive i was shocked. That place was great back when i was in highschool and now not so much.

THERMALS / CRIBS SPLIT 7 INCH $6.98

The Cribs song is titled "So Hot Now", The Thermals track is "Separate".

I got this for $5 online, and its really good. dig the thermals song and the cribs are pretty good too.

And my order for the Hold Steady record just got canceled... That's the fucking worst!

We have a few of the releases for Record Store Day at ShopRadiocast. Here is what we got:

Gogol Bordello - We Comin' Rougher/Transcontinental Hustle 7"

Against Me - I Was A Teenage Anarchist 7"

Avenged Sevenfold - Unholy Confessions LP (Picture Disk)

Sex Pistols - Great Rock & Roll Swindle (2XLP)

Ramones - Ramones Mania-Best Of (2XLP)

Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros - Streetcore LP

Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros - Global A Go-Go (2XLP)

Hold Steady - Heaven Is Whenever LP

Neko Case - Middle Cyclone LP

Flogging Molly - Devils Dance Floor/(No More) 7"

http://www.shopradiocast.com/categories/Record-Store-Day-Sale/

If you order from this online store, I wouldn't be so sure you are going to get that Hold Steady LP. Limited to like 625 copies or something, the store I work at ordered 12 and then the next week Fontana Distribution sent out a bulletin saying they had 3 times as many preorders for that title than the pressing and they are spreading them out across the board, but expect to be severely shorted on that piece.

We regret to inform you that due to very high demand, we did not receive as many of the Hold Steady records we were anticipating. We unfortunately have to refund you for this product and hope that you are able to find it on Record Store day at your local brick and mortar. If you have ordered other Record Store Day products, you do not need to worry we will be shipping them to you on Friday April 16, 2010.

On Wednesday we will be issuing refunds for The Hold Steady purchase. We would like to know if you would like a cash refund or if you would like for us to apply the amount as store credit to your account? You must let us know by Wednesday April 14, 2010. If we do not hear from you we will automatically just issue you a cash refund.

We apologize for this and appreciate your support! Let us know if you have any questions,

The Shop Radio Cast Team!

[email protected]

fucking bummed.

Hate to say I told you so, but...

If you order from this online store, I wouldn't be so sure you are going to get that Hold Steady LP. Limited to like 625 copies or something, the store I work at ordered 12 and then the next week Fontana Distribution sent out a bulletin saying they had 3 times as many preorders for that title than the pressing and they are spreading them out across the board, but expect to be severely shorted on that piece.

The store I work at hasn't gotten our RSD titles yet (they will come Thursday and Friday)... very curious to see how many, if any, Hold Steady LP's we get.

Electric Fetus in Minneapolis told me they ordered 400 of those Hold Steady LP's. Wonder how many they got?

Every store had their orders for a lot of RSD titles allocated

Details on the Against Me! 7-inch:

"I Was A Teenage Anarchist" Record Store Day Exclusive 7":

Side A: "I Was A Teenage Anarchist" (Album Version)

Side B: "I Was A Teenage Anarchist" (Acoustic Version)

The disc is black vinyl packaged in a plain black die-cut jacket, with a white paper inner sleeve.

Available 4/17 at your local indie retailer. Only 2,500 pressed!

Just picked up the QOTSA and Them Crooked Vultures 10-inches as well as the Modest Mouse M&A reissue. I love stores that break street date!

Which one? I am off on Friday and would love to avoid tiny, overcrowded record shops...

It seems like the Exchange (at least the North Olmsted and Lakewood locations) put their shit out early. On top of those three records I listed, I saw the MGMT 12-inch, the Rolling Stones 7-inch, the Flaming Lips "Dark Side Of The Moon" LP, and some Anvil LP which isn't listed on RSD's website but had a big RSD sticker on it.

Also, My Mind's Eye in Lakewood has nothing in yet but the Flaming Lips LP (which I think he's already put out), but Charles, the owner, says he ordered "hundreds of titles. They open at noon on Saturday. Music Saves, on the east side of Cleveland, also opens at noon and posted a list on their website of what they're expecting to get: http://www.musicsaves.com

Which one? I am off on Friday and would love to avoid tiny, overcrowded record shops...

It seems like the Exchange (at least the North Olmsted and Lakewood locations) put their shit out early. On top of those three records I listed, I saw the MGMT 12-inch, the Rolling Stones 7-inch, the Flaming Lips "Dark Side Of The Moon" LP, and some Anvil LP which isn't listed on RSD's website but had a big RSD sticker on it.

Also, My Mind's Eye in Lakewood has nothing in yet but the Flaming Lips LP (which I think he's already put out), but Charles, the owner, says he ordered "hundreds of titles. They open at noon on Saturday. Music Saves, on the east side of Cleveland, also opens at noon and posted a list on their website of what they're expecting to get: http://www.musicsaves.com

Thanks for the info. Square Records in Akron opens at 11, and that is where I am heading. The only thing I am really interested in is the Black Keys 12", but am curious about the This Will Destroy You and AAR 12" pic discs mentioned at the top of this page...

My record buying has scaled way back, so I am mostly going for atmosphere and live music.