We need more PRE-ORDERS!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love giving people money and then having to wait for weeks, sometimes even months to receive the product. This is why the co-op is so awesome! Waiting makes me horny.

Did you order the NOFX repress last week, and then receive it in the mail 3 days later? SUCKER! Get with the program. Really, what's with these people selling you only what they currently have in stock? Pathetic if you ask me.

BUY NOW, RECEIVE MUCH, MUCH LATER! TELL YOUR FRIENDS!

boo hoo.

[image]

THIS

How is that "THIS?" Doesn't make sense. Do you like waiting months for records?

What doesn't make sense about being mature enough to have the patience to not need the instant gratification?

I'd rather pre-order something (if it's limited/low press run especially) and wait a month or two or three and KNOW that I'll get it instead of waiting for it to release, not being able to get it because all the copies of it were bought in pre-order then face the prospect of paying triple (or more) the pre-order cost of it on eBay or L.P.

That and I find threads like this just silly.

Pre-Order the new Soviettes album here:

www.rottentonerecords.bigcartel.com

dude, I had totally forgotten that I ordered that record, now it won't be a surprise when it shows up

Oops! We now need one of those mind eraser thingys from Men In Black or just get blackout drunk tnite and forget.

How is that "THIS?" Doesn't make sense. Do you like waiting months for records?

What doesn't make sense about being mature enough to have the patience to not need the instant gratification?

I'd rather pre-order something (if it's limited/low press run especially) and wait a month or two or three and KNOW that I'll get it instead of waiting for it to release, not being able to get it because all the copies of it were bought in pre-order then face the prospect of paying triple (or more) the pre-order cost of it on eBay or L.P.

That and I find threads like this just silly.

It doesn't make sense because this has nothing to do with instant gratification. I think it's great that you and "i love preorders" don't mind waiting two or three months for records, the only problem is I'm not (and I don't think he is) talking about waiting two or three months. In fact, it's possible the original poster, like myself is frustrated over waiting much longer than three months for a record. I don't think it's immature to feel that way. I haven't recieved any response to my messages from Virgil. So how should someone in a situation like this feel? Understanding? Maybe, if there were better communication.

I think the reason Flood loves long preorders is because he himself is guilty of a few :P I don't think it has anything to do with maturity, though.

Fat Wreck's preorders are exactly how one should go if they're gonna be done. Throw up the preorder, and a week later it is mailed out. What I don't like is when a preorder is done to fund the pressing itself, and then sales are slower than expected so there isn't enough money to press immediately, or something happens at the plant so everybody is kept waiting.

I don't think it's an issue of "instant gratification" either, or I wouldn't be ordering tangible items to be delivered through the mail.

I've been waiting on Suck N Bloat for almost 2 years!

Whoa dude!

I remember when those accidentally went up for one day back when I had a label partner.

3 people pre-ordered that, and were refunded, almost immediately, after I found out it was posted. It came out as a cd release, not a vinyl release.

Look up your old reciepts, or accounts or something.

With the exception of the Crux club clusterfuck, we have never posted a pre-order that we didn't have in hand.

We have 2 pre-orders up now, that are sitting, fully packaged, and ready to go when the release date gets closer.

We don't do, or never have done, the whole pre-order before we even decide to press it thing.

didn't mean to call you out, just wanted to rectify that. You'd be suprised how when one person has a bad experience, or is mistaken about something, and tells others, how much people actually take stock in it.

99 great experiences = nothing.

1 bad experience=people tell everyone.