Brand New - Devil and God LP

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They had the gold devil and god vinyl at the concert at University of Scranton concert. They are limiting them to 25 a concert. They sold out before the opening act went on. I didnt get one because i came from philly. Someone there had 4 in his hand i offered him 45 he said theyre going on ebay. They also didnt sound too good in concert. This is the third time I've seen them. They are not that good live.

Definitely agree with 442.

Someone there had 4 in his hand i offered him 45 he said theyre going on ebay.

Awesome. Hate to sound overly bitter, but it's stuff like that which causes me to occasionally hate people so fucking much. Don't care about about your counter-debate ("hey man, it's just capitalism.") -- I'm not a communist, and I still think that situation is ridiculous. I'd have been tempted to sucker-punch him and make a run for it, with his gold LPs in hand.

Definitely agree with 442.
Someone there had 4 in his hand i offered him 45 he said theyre going on ebay.

Awesome. Hate to sound overly bitter, but it's stuff like that which causes me to occasionally hate people so fucking much. Don't care about about your counter-debate ("hey man, it's just capitalism.") -- I'm not a communist, and I still think that situation is ridiculous. I'd have been tempted to sucker-punch him and make a run for it, with his gold LPs in hand, and ebay them all myself.

They had the gold devil and god vinyl at the concert at University of Scranton concert. They are limiting them to 25 a concert. They sold out before the opening act went on. I didnt get one because i came from philly. Someone there had 4 in his hand i offered him 45 he said theyre going on ebay. They also didnt sound too good in concert. This is the third time I've seen them. They are not that good live.

So funny story, a friend of mine and I each bought two (one for ourselves and each of us had a friend who couldn't make it to the show, so we picked one up for them) and some kid and his girlfriend offered us 45 bucks for one and I said I didn't buy them to sell, but that they were for other people. I find your story entertaining though. I also drove from Philly, but I was there early. I also thought that Brand New sounded awesome tonight, so maybe you and I live in alternate dimensions but yet somehow had an encounter tonight that turned into two different stories. Strange.

So funny story, a friend of mine and I each bought two (one for ourselves and each of us had a friend who couldn't make it to the show, so we picked one up for them) and some kid and his girlfriend offered us 45 bucks for one and I said I didn't buy them to sell, but that they were for other people. I find your story entertaining though. I also drove from Philly, but I was there early. I also thought that Brand New sounded awesome tonight, so maybe you and I live in alternate dimensions but yet somehow had an encounter tonight that turned into two different stories. Strange.

Maybe he asked another person with the records to sell him one for $45? ???

Oh, I see what you did there.

Guess I should have specified that it would only be necessary to grab one and run.

But thanks for the unjustified assumption that I'm a flipper, Steve. You're pretty cool.

I wasn't making an assumption, nor would I really give a shit if you were.

I was just, you know, kidding around a little bit.

Though I am pretty cool, according to nieces, who are nine and six. Their birthdays are coming up pretty soon. Kids grow up so quick, ya know? The nine year old is learning to play the guitar, just like her favorite uncle, who happens to be me. The six year old is a world class hula hooper - no joke, she's phenomenal, so a few weeks ago they put on their favorite CDs and I figured out the chords and they sang and danced and hula hooped. It was a total jam session. Eventually I'm going to have to teach them about cool music, because my brother listens to stupid bullshit 90% of the time.

Yep, I get to be the cool uncle.

Maybe he asked another person with the records to sell him one for $45? ???

Possible. The thing is, as I said, the story sounds similar except for what I had said. And when we were approached my friend had all four in his hand (we took turns holding them during the show).

Billya met you there, you were there with some friends you did have 4 looked like you were holding them for them. I think you were the only person I asked that said they werent going on ebay. I only saw like 4 or 5 people with the vinyl and they all had at least 2 in their hands. I offered everyone i saw 45 for their vinyl. I wasn't talking about you. They did sound like shit though I blame most of it on the acoustics though. The gym at university of scranton wasn't the best place for a concert. The acoustics suck. He took some songs from Deja Entendu and Devil and God and would do that screaming thing he does from Daisy. Wasn't feeling it.

Billya met you there, you were there with some friends you did have 4 looked like you were holding them for them. I think you were the only person I asked that said they werent going on ebay. I only saw like 4 or 5 people with the vinyl and they all had at least 2 in their hands. I offered everyone i saw 45 for their vinyl. I wasn't talking about you. They did sound like shit though I blame most of it on the acoustics though. The gym at university of scranton wasn't the best place for a concert. The acoustics suck. He took some songs from Deja Entendu and Devil and God and would do that screaming thing he does from Daisy. Wasn't feeling it.

They sounded pretty good from up against the barricade.

[image]

full size - http://i44.tinypic.com/2d0c0w0.jpg