so i mentioned that fall out boy show...

a few weeks ago. but yah like stated: secret show, 300 capacity venue, only played songs off of take this to your grave (other than a pantera cover) and no barrier or shitty security... a few people on here didnt beleive me so heres some pics:

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

and a horrible video of the Pantera cover, but you get the idea:

http://vimeo.com/394318

16 year old girls and their moms were leaving half way through the show.. i guess they werent psyched on being jumped on by 200 pound guys, too bad. so good, probably one of the best shows ive been to this year. (the best being the small brown bike reunion in sept)

Now that's the way to see them.

exactly. couldnt have been any better. i love their older stuff but id never pay to see them at an arena show.. wouldnt be nearly as fun. they filmed the whole set (for a dvd i believe). i bet they miss playing shows like that.

WE ARE THE PALE HORSE!!! haha

I hear ya...

My opinion/outlook on Pete radically changed when I saw them live...not by choice...and had to listen to the things he was spewing at the crowd in between songs...he made it a point to make sure to establish his dislike of anyone who is a homophobe, racist, or neo-nazi. The way he delivered his thoughts made him come across as a caricature...at least to me...

But hey...I'm not going to bag on anyone who is into them. If you like them and enjoy the music, more power to ya!

I hear ya...

My opinion/outlook on Pete radically changed when I saw them live...not by choice...and had to listen to the things he was spewing at the crowd in between songs...he made it a point to make sure to establish his dislike of anyone who is a homophobe, racist, or neo-nazi. The way he delivered his thoughts made him come across as a caricature...at least to me...

But hey...I'm not going to bag on anyone who is into them. If you like them and enjoy the music, more power to ya!

yah ive heard about his long rants in between songs but he didnt really at this show. good times. each his own.

I hear ya...

You have to remember, their current fanbase is distinctly younger than almost all of us -- saying stuff like this might seem old-hat (and obvious) to you and me, but to random 14-year-old kid X who calls his friend "gay" as an insult, they might be blown away by someone standing in front of a microphone and saying, "If you do stupid things like this, you're an idiot" (paraphrasing, obviously). I'm glad he is outspoken on those topics, because too many big bands don't say shit to their fans in terms of real-life stuff.

I hear ya...

You have to remember, their current fanbase is distinctly younger than almost all of us -- saying stuff like this might seem old-hat (and obvious) to you and me, but to random 14-year-old kid X who calls his friend "gay" as an insult, they might be blown away by someone standing in front of a microphone and saying, "If you do stupid things like this, you're an idiot" (paraphrasing, obviously). I'm glad he is outspoken on those topics, because too many big bands don't say shit to their fans in terms of real-life stuff.

Mo' wizdom. Honestly, I hadn't looked at it this way before, and I think it makes alot of sense. It's not that I like him now, but it reduces my level of dislike for him.