People at concerts.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last night i was at a show and there was a....larger...girl there who thought it was ok to mosh. or dance. i'm not sure what she was doing, but she thought she was super good at whatever it was. ...and she was the only one doing it.

so really, i wasn't so much annoyed as i was horrified/amused.

The only people that really bother me are people who really want to fight and people who are desperately seeking attention. By the attention thing, as an example, I was at a show once with a really drunk guy and he kept standing right in front of people during a band until they would high five him, and putting his arm around people he didn't know even though people kept telling him to stop.

Oh, and sorority girls that take a bunch of pictures while a band is playing, but facing away from the band so the band is in the picture. It's weird. I've seen it a couple of times now since I live in a college town at some weird shows.

Otherwise, I think shows are a safe place for people to have fun or let off some steam. I don't really care what someone else is doing as long as they have some sort of courtesy towards others and the band.

I only get down in the pit for bands I really like a shitton, and I'm alright with whatever happens. I think I only really get annoyed by the douches who just shove through the crowd because it's just rude, and for some reason the pogo-stick people annoy me. You know, the "let's jump up and down the entire concert!" people.

last night i was at a show and there was a....larger...girl there who thought it was ok to mosh. or dance. i'm not sure what she was doing, but she thought she was super good at whatever it was. ...and she was the only one doing it.

so really, i wasn't so much annoyed as i was horrified/amused.

was it this girl

[image]

i'm pretty sure that they have to be related somehow.

this is her:

[image]

People who think their annoying concert quirks are somehow permissible while discussing everyone else's annoying concert quirks.

this one big time.

And when you are taller then just about everyone there its hard not to stand in front of a shorty. Sorry, but if there is a hole in front of you move up and fill it. If you wont I will.

People who don't sing along.

People who don't have fun.

People that stage dive more than once to the same song.

People that don't know how to crowd surf properly and kick others in the face.

People who shout for the same song over and over and over and over and over. (They are not going to play it, just shut up.)

people that have no idea who's the band they are seeing. like that time i went to the brand new/crime in stereo show a few months ago. i was going to see brand new(of course) but also to see crime in stereom (which is one of my fav band). so i get there, the show had already started and it was CIS opening, so i hurry up and try to make it to the front, or atleast the most i can. so i was almost at the front, i try to pass this guy and he looks at me and says ''i won't let you do that man'', i look at him and said ''do you know who's that band playing right now'' and he answered ''no, not really'' so i answered back '' well i know who they are, so move''. people are stupid.

the only thing htat really bothered me at a show was when I went to see Against Me not too long ago, I was watching Tim Barry with my buddy and he was singing along and finger pointing when some frat boy looks at him in disgust and goes " can u please move over if youre going to do that".. I thought that was kinda fucked up, its a punk show dude

but then again, against me draws a completely different crowd than they used to

people that have no idea who's the band they are seeing. like that time i went to the brand new/crime in stereo show a few months ago. i was going to see brand new(of course) but also to see crime in stereom (which is one of my fav band). so i get there, the show had already started and it was CIS opening, so i hurry up and try to make it to the front, or atleast the most i can. so i was almost at the front, i try to pass this guy and he looks at me and says ''i won't let you do that man'', i look at him and said ''do you know who's that band playing right now'' and he answered ''no, not really'' so i answered back '' well i know who they are, so move''. people are stupid.

so you get to the show late, and expect someone who was there on time and as a result in front of you, to move?

' well i know who they are, so move''. people are stupid.

When you get to the point in the pile where there's no more room to advance, THERE WILL ALWAYS BE ROOM.

Here's the trick: (depending on your body size, get your biggest friend to do this)

Be kind and confident while saying to the person blocking the way "Hey, man do you see a short dude with a black hat?" "JASON!!! JASON!!!"

Then go find Jason. Or Tom. Or Mike. Or Sexy Lexi -- fuck, whoever. Just keep breaking through the people in search of your lost friend. When you find your spot, say "fuck, where is he?!" and stay put. Then thank the people around you, and fistfuck the sky.

I did that at the Portugal show last week and, well, it was definitely easier because I'm 6'3" and most of the people there were a bit shorter, but extremely worth it.

I totally agree if they don't know the band, get the fuck out of the way. I stayed off to the side while Port O'Brien and The Dig played because I could see other people who knew that shit were there at the front for demshitz (awesome bands by the way)

Guest chappy5
most 15-18 year old girls

people in the pit who are amused by slamming/kicking/punching into people who obviously don't want to be a part of it.

This annoys me so much!

I saw Alkaline Trio two nights ago and the only people that bothered me were:

-Drunk mom trying to make out with my boyfriend

-Drunk girl who was getting really mad at people standing all around her and screaming "Fuck you" to every person who accidentally stumbled into her.

-Overprotective man in the Samhain shirt with his arms against the rail who kept swaying into me to keep people away from him/them. I felt like I was on a boat or something.

Redeeming part: Misfits cover at the end of the night. (Angelfuck - it ruled)

most 15-18 year old girls

people in the pit who are amused by slamming/kicking/punching into people who obviously don't want to be a part of it.

by that, i'm guessing you are talking about those idiots who crowd punch?

i also find it stupid, especially when they say as an excuse ''it's a hardcore show mannn'. but anyways i rarely go see that kind of shows, wich are toughguy hardcore shows cause that usually where that shit happens anyways and it's just not my thing. i mean, hardcore shows in my book means having fun, it doesn't mean punching people in the face that shares the same ideals, listens same music as me.

' well i know who they are, so move''. people are stupid.

When you get to the point in the pile where there's no more room to advance, THERE WILL ALWAYS BE ROOM.

Here's the trick: (depending on your body size, get your biggest friend to do this)

Be kind and confident while saying to the person blocking the way "Hey, man do you see a short dude with a black hat?" "JASON!!! JASON!!!"

Then go find Jason. Or Tom. Or Mike. Or Sexy Lexi -- fuck, whoever. Just keep breaking through the people in search of your lost friend. When you find your spot, say "fuck, where is he?!" and stay put. Then thank the people around you, and fistfuck the sky.

I did that at the Portugal show last week and, well, it was definitely easier because I'm 6'3" and most of the people there were a bit shorter, but extremely worth it.

I totally agree if they don't know the band, get the fuck out of the way. I stayed off to the side while Port O'Brien and The Dig played because I could see other people who knew that shit were there at the front for demshitz (awesome bands by the way)

and the fact that the dude was an hipster college student that had no idea who the fuck he was watching, well 90% of the people were there for brand new at first anyways, just made me didn't care if i passed/pushed him.

port o'brien are an awesome band. i wish they played SF when i was there a couple of weeks ago, love that band !