Screamo/Scramz/Emo/etc

Great album.

I've gotten off variants, so I have a Black, Clear, and Black Euro Tour of the Last City LP if you'd want to acquire one of them. Lemme know. I prefer Last City to Dark Mountain, personally.

Also, Neil fucking Perry.

How do you tell the difference between pressings of Last City? I have a black copy but I'm pretty sure it's just a standard US pressing.

If it has that foresty looking cover, it's the US version. Euro Tour version is /100 and has completely different artwork than the US Black /400 and US Clear /100. See below.

[image]

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest errolwest
Loma Prieta is great.

this is the damn troof. also, some one posted 4 songs, by i hate myself. i think that is my favorite release by them. saetia is still my favorite though.

"screamy hardcore" is my preferred genre for this type of stuff.

my favorites/recommendations: since by man, ten grand/vidablue, song of zarathustra, neil perry, jeromes dream, book of dead names, in loving memory, spirit of versailles, saetia, usurp synapse, the hareste, forstella ford, calling gina clark, dispensing of false halos, la quiete, raein, funeral diner, red scare, shotmaker, thumbnail, pg 99, treadwell, racebannon, to dream of autumn, bright calm blue, hot cross, eyes of verotika, examination of the, envy, frail, frodus, portraits of past, who calls so loud, orchid, the infinity dive, the khayembii communique, love lost but not forgotten, mara'akate, kite flying society, my lai, portrait, reversal of man, rinse, towers, sutek conspiracy, the assistant, yage, honeywell, yaphet kotto.....

Katja was probably the only screamo band from Toronto that was actually any good. But they were so fucking good, there was no room for any other screamo bands.

Listen to around :42 or :43 in the song Diapsalmata. The first time I saw them play that shit live, I had one of those "my god, this band is incredible" moments.

my favorites/recommendations: since by man, ten grand/vidablue, song of zarathustra, neil perry, jeromes dream, book of dead names, in loving memory, spirit of versailles, saetia, usurp synapse, the hareste, forstella ford, calling gina clark, dispensing of false halos, la quiete, raein, funeral diner, red scare, shotmaker, thumbnail, pg 99, treadwell, racebannon, to dream of autumn, bright calm blue, hot cross, eyes of verotika, examination of the, envy, frail, frodus, portraits of past, who calls so loud, orchid, the infinity dive, the khayembii communique, love lost but not forgotten, mara'akate, kite flying society, my lai, portrait, reversal of man, rinse, towers, sutek conspiracy, the assistant, yage, honeywell, yaphet kotto.....

Great list.

Forstella Ford are rad for sure.

There's also a bunch of shit coming out of Lehigh and Baltimore that's not really screamo, but it's that loud aggressive "screamy hardcore" vein of tunes. Heitman can fill you in on all that shit.

Great list.

Forstella Ford are rad for sure.

There's also a bunch of shit coming out of Lehigh and Baltimore that's not really screamo, but it's that loud aggressive "screamy hardcore" vein of tunes. Heitman can fill you in on all that shit.

I need to figure out how to stay in the loop on this stuff. I've lost my way now that Level Plane isn't all that active. They were my old jumping off point.

^^

The blogs do it for me.

skreamyourlungsout used to be a good source, but they changed their format and it just confuses me now. I used to get the occasional gem from zen and the art of face punching also, but that's pretty inconsistent lately.

I can't remember any more off the top of my head. There's a good one I found from some dude in Germany to keep you abreast of the Euro scene. I'll pm you some links later.

So here are some blogs to follow to keep up on the scene. Was just going to pm Sammy, but I figured some of you others may enjoy as well. If you know about these already, wicked, but some may not.

Like most music blogs, you will find download links. I don't think any of you cats need to be reminded to support your peers.

Chug Life: http://itsachugknocklife.blogspot.com/

Emotional Hardcore / The Difference Between Life and Music: http://screams-for-your-heart.blogspot.com/ / http://www.between-life-and-music.blogspot.com/ Emotional Hardcore is the old version - some links may still work. A lot of Euro shit, but good. Some other genres mixed in, but all pretty heavy shit.

Lyrics Will Not Reach The Audience http://lyricswillnotreachtheaudience.blogspot.com/ A lot of Euro stuff, some US.

These 3 should be a pretty good guide. There are others, but it's mostly duplicate postings.

the Sed Non Satiata/Daïtro split LP is probably one of my favourite records of all time, it's so damn good.

other favourites; Ampere, Sinaloa, City of Caterpillar, Frail, Kaospilot, Dominic, Life At These Speeds... and that Worn In Red LP on No Idea is amazing too.

De L'eau Coule Sous Les Ponts gives me goosebumps every time I hear it.

Daïtro fucking own that split and are on my list of bands that I'd step over my own mother to be able to see.

And Kaospilot -- good call. Caught them when they toured with Van Johnson. Awesome.

Any Loma fans that have not heard the Sailboats demo, you fucking need to. Blistering.

PM me for a link.

Take his advice!

Loma Prieta has been know to cover "Behind Trees" which is fucking awesome. I hope that LP Sailboats recorded sees the light of day eventually, though I doubt it ever will. :-[

Undoubtedly. I was talking with Val via email for a bit right before Dark Mountain came out. I mentioned the Sailboats tracks in the context of vinyl. The conversation fizzled shortly thereafter.

Thanks for making this thread. Made me dig out some stuff I haven't paid attention to in a while. I don't listen as often as I used to, but when I do, I get into it like no other genre. When it's done well, it's unbeatable as far as I'm concerned.