HOT WATER MUSIC "Live in Chicago" --7" (NIR-280)

Honestly, I said to Jason when we brainstormed the idea (late in the game) that I'd make 1000 and if we got rid of 500, they could always take the rest on tour. We were pretty humble about it. Sure, all their older 7" records sold a few thousand, but that was over many years... and this was a live record. We really did not know how many would go or how fast, given that we were not selling them direct ourselves. We said 1000 and I think we should stick to that. If we had said 2500... would they really have sold so fast? Probably not. We got orders for 900. We did get reports from a LOT of stores that they could have sold 2,3, or 4 times the number they ordered. Most stores ordered like 10. Park Ave ordered 70. The copies shipped to the German places probably arrived after RSD, so I guess they sold them online. They all asked to get more, but we were out.

I suppose we could cave and press another 500 on black vinyl, so the RSD ones are special... but I kinda liked that all 1000 were the same vinyl.

Oh, and on the books we didn't make any $ on these, it was all to benefit the stores. Some benefited more that others, like the one in Bakersfield that got 10 copies, but strangely sold at least 7 on Ebay, starting the night of RSD.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest afsdan
Some benefited more that others, like the one in Bakersfield that got 10 copies, but strangely sold at least 7 on Ebay, starting the night of RSD.

This would be ron/going underground. he's that kinda dude

Oh, and on the books we didn't make any $ on these, it was all to benefit the stores. Some benefited more that others, like the one in Bakersfield that got 10 copies, but strangely sold at least 7 on Ebay, starting the night of RSD.

oh for fucks sake

[image]

I was just happy that someone was nice enough to pick one up for me since not a single store near me or even kinda near me got it (here's lookin at you JUAN.)

Some benefited more that others, like the one in Bakersfield that got 10 copies, but strangely sold at least 7 on Ebay, starting the night of RSD.

This would be ron/going underground. he's that kinda dude

I forget who it was. I like to hold on to the dream that, really, no one in Bakersfield cared and they posted all the true leftovers after they locked up that night... and that the $ will go toward restocking the store, thus spreading the $ around and benefiting other bands and labels... or even HWM and NI, haha. Who's got the rose colored lenses now, yeah?

That said, I thought it was quite cool the few stores that reported having a few leftovers that left them in the racks at the original price for people that visited the store.

• 2 weeks later...

If anybody happens to have an extra or still knows of a store that has a few kicking around, I'd be extremely grateful if someone could grab one.

Of all the times I've done that for people on this board, it bums me out that not a single person has ever done it for me :-/ help a brotha out!

Somehow they still had these tonight in Denver and I got one for a friend who I thought missed out. Turns out he got one. SOOOOOOO, I have an extra that I want to get rid of for $8 ppd. Write me and shit.

Where in Denver?

Long story...but they weren't being sold here in Boise (big shock). I was dating a girl in Denver for almost a year, and last month she said she looked everywhere and couldn't find one. Since we broke it off about a week later, she may have been bullshitting me.

Anyhow, I'm a big HWM collector and if anyone has an extra or knows of one for a non-ridiculous price, I'd be very grateful.

• 3 weeks later...