Pit Bull tears off baby boy's testicles

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're kind of just ridiculously ill informed. The only reason you hear so much about pit bull attacks is because of assholes who breed them for fighting. The media blew everything out of proportion and now these dogs have a bad rap. Same with rotties as well.

As I said in my other post, if the breed of a dog was anything else the breed would probably be an arbitrary thing in the news article or left out of the article completely.

How am I misinformed? All I said was the ones I (me, myself) hear about and the ones I see on the news that are really bad or deadly usually involve pitts. Im not stating any statistics about dog attacks. Just going on my time that Ive been alive, the majority of dog attacks Ive heard about involve a pitt bull.

Yes, pitts get a bad rap but they are capable of killing a human. Just like any other big, strong dog like them. Most other dogs do not kill people.

Read the parts I bolded. I think you missed them the first time. Pit bulls are also not large breed dogs. An American Pit Bull Terrier male is only 24 inches average. That's not a large dog. That's a medium sized dog.

Please explain to me how this dog will kill me on a bad day?

[image]

Unless I am opened up on an operating table and my aorta has just been sutured back together using only peanut butter and one of these monsters stumbles in while I am left alone, this dog is never going to kill me.

I made a reference to context because your argument was that pit bulls rate better than other dogs in temperament tests, while completely failing to mention that the 16% of pits with bad temperament account for over half of reported attacks (http://www.dogbitelaw.com/Dog%20Attacks%201982%20to%202006%20Clifton.pdf)

I don't debate that ultimately the responsibility rests on the shitty owners the majority of the time, but how many people need to get injured to prove a point. When you say things as simple as "Pit bulls are very friendly and were bred not to bite humans", while ignoring the fact that most reported attacks are by pit bulls, you are just fueling the cycle of shitty owners who believe their pit bull will never hurt anyone.

ok, that thing is not a dog (imo). and here's how it kills you (i can play the ridiculous game, too): dog bites you with its tiny, razor sharp teeth. puncture wounds get a staph infection. boom, you die without proper treatment.

and what is this; selective reading day on VC? i never said they were bred not to bite humans; that's a nonsensical statement to make. yes, many reports covered by the media ARE pit bulls, or at least dogs reported to be pit bull, or 'mixed' pits. and if you would have read the last 3 or so posts that i've made, you would have read that i said that owners of ANY dog need to be vigilant and held accountable for their actions. like nicole said, do NOT let your kid alone with your dog unsupervised. that's inadvisable regardless of breed.

How am I misinformed? All I said was the ones I (me, myself) hear about and the ones I see on the news that are really bad or deadly usually involve pitts. Im not stating any statistics about dog attacks. Just going on my time that Ive been alive, the majority of dog attacks Ive heard about involve a pitt bull.

Yes, pitts get a bad rap but they are capable of killing a human. Just like any other big, strong dog like them. Most other dogs do not kill people.

Read the parts I bolded. I think you missed them the first time. Pit bulls are also not large breed dogs. An American Pit Bull Terrier male is only 24 inches average. That's not a large dog. That's a medium sized dog.

this. most labs are bigger than pits. they may be muscular, but they're not large/tall in stature at all. these people thinking pit bulls are huge only solidifies my belief that they don't really know much of anything about the breed at all.

Apparently it is selective reading day because I actually got that fact about being bred not to bite humans out of the link you posted for me to read.

i said that I never made that statement. and no, i am not an expert on pits or other bully breeds by any means, but i have read up on them, been exposed to them, and am probably more well informed about them than the majority of people on this board.

If a dog attack is brutal its going to get reported on. Doesnt matter what kind of dog does the attacking. Just so happens the ones you hear about are with pitts a lot of the time. I understand pitt attacks get made into a bigger deal than with most dogs because of people breeding them to fight.

Put it in whatever size category you want but any dog thats big enough or strong enough to successfully attack a human at will is way more dangerous than a dog you can fight off. Thats all Im saying. Not every dog can kill a person and the ones that can are way more dangerous.

Eh, I'm over it all. If you are willing to consistently ignore the unbiased statistics and research that I am providing while posting your own from pro pit websites, and then chastise me for using statements from the links you provided me, then there is nothing I can say to you to lift your emotional veil on the subject.

If a dog attack is brutal its going to get reported on. Doesnt matter what kind of dog does the attacking. Just so happens the ones you hear about are with pitts a lot of the time. I understand pitt attacks get made into a bigger deal than with most dogs because of people breeding them to fight.

Put it in whatever size category you want but any dog thats big enough or strong enough to successfully attack a human at will is way more dangerous than a dog you can fight off. Thats all Im saying. Not every dog can kill a person and the ones that can are way more dangerous.

newfoundlands: menaces to people everywhere.

[image]

Eh, I'm over it all. If you are willing to consistently ignore the unbiased statistics and research that I am providing while posting your own from pro pit websites, and then chastise me for using statements from the links you provided me, then there is nothing I can say to you to lift your emotional veil on the subject.

obviously not.

That's exactly what I said, so why generalize an entire breed of dogs? You're not going to hear about every single/majority of pit bulls who DON'T attack people.

Basically what I'm getting at and asking people is why people are making a big fucking stink over the breed of dog that attacked the child, and not the real problem which is people who; A-don't know how to take care of their child, and B-people who don't know how to take care of their dogs.

Funny story. My friend's (heather) Pitt bull is super protective of their 9 month old. No one except the immediate family can get in within 5 feet of their child unsupervised. I learned that the hard way. Normally he's in a good mood. he plays and jumps on you and sits on your lap.. etc etc. well one day i went to the restroom and decided to go check on her as she was waking up from a nap and crying. I went in to their room to go check on her in her crib and he runs in and jumps on me, pushing me away and corners me between the bed and the crib. i was scared for my life until my friend walked in and told him to heal. he was fine after that.. fuck i was scared and almost shit myself.

newfoundlands: menaces to people everywhere.

[image]

Murderous beasts. Any large dog should be outlawed.

[image]

This is also a large vicious killer.

Damn this threads all over the place... Technically any dog can be dangerous and kill you all it has to do is get a clean shot at your neck. Now from a realistic standpoint neither one of my chihuahuas is going to be able to take me down and kill me. If I came face to face with a rottie or a pit bull, hell even my 40lb of muscle chow chow that I had you can damn well be sure I'd pissing my pants scared cuz I may be toast. Considering the fact that this happened to a 6mo old child, any dog could have done some very serious damage.

Point proven...thanks.

Look, I don't have a problem with you. Well, at least I didn't until you said I look like a fucking idiot. I just can't stand it when people care more about an animal's well being than that of a human. There is something seriously wrong with the way the Western world thinks about dogs. I can't believe anyone would hear this story, or any of the others that happen on a constant basis and think the dogs are the ones we need to look out for.

How many of these kinds of horrific preventable nightmares need to happen before people start to wake up?

I agree with you to a certain extent, I just think saying people who see things differently "deserve to have something bad happen to them" is a bit of a stretch. Either way, this story is fucked. I have a pit, and even though she is fairly docile, I would not leave a child (hell, even a 8 or 9 year old) unattended with her.

A wise man once said: if a big animal had the chance it wouldn't take another glance....IT WOULD EAT YOU UP! :P